Curitiba is the capital as well as the largest city in the state of Parana in Brazil. It is also the eight biggest among other cities in terms of population and the largest in the South Region of Brazil.
It is an important economic, cultural and political hub in the entire Latin America. If you are planning to move your vehicle to Brazil from USA or have to move to Curitiba, it is essential to stay updated about all aspects of the regulations.
If you have an older vehicle which is classic and it’s not functional, you might need a lift-on/lift-off transportation. You can use RORO transportation wherein only an empty vehicle can be moved. It is the cheapest method as you only pay for the space occupied by your vehicle on the ship’s deck. Another alternative for you would be to use container shipping which is going to get you a container of an appropriate size and it’s going to protect your vehicle during the entire process. However, it’s more expensive. You can also take advantage of door-to-terminal services which would pick up your vehicle at your doorstep and get it delivered to the destination port of your choice.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There is quite a lot of paperwork that you are going to need to submit to the U.S. Customs as well as to the Brazil customs. It’s important that you do that at least 72 hours in advance so that there are no unexpected happenings. This goes for both custom departments. Upon arrival, you are going to need to clear all of the pending payments if you want to get the clearance.
In order to successfully transport your vehicle, you will need to obtain an import authorization permit for your vehicle and have written approval from the department of environmental affairs. This paperwork will need to be presenting order for the vehicle import to be approved. A1 Auto Transport Service can be of assistance with this paperwork as well because they know how to obtain the forms and fill them out.
Your vehicle will need to be cleaned both inside and out. Nothing can be left in the vehicle and all dirt and debris must be removed. If these rules are not followed, your vehicle will be quarantined, which can delay the delivery. Look your vehicle over and list or document any damages that you notice on your vehicle before it is placed on the ship. A1 Auto Transport Service agents will verify the list for you.
The Brazil Customs allows anyone to import a car as long as it’s either new or over 30 years of age as it’s considered a classic. What is more, the vehicle needs to meet the emission control criteria but your shipping agency should already be aware of these specifications and requirements. You need an authorization permit as well as a written approval issued by the department of environmental affairs which have to be presented in the port city. There are other regulations which would require you to:
- Present the documents to the U.S Customs at least 72 hours in advance so they have enough time to review it.
- Ensure that your vehicle is actually eligible for being shipped to Brazil. You can find the criteria in the Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations.
- Get copies of your driver’s license, proof of ownership and passport.
A1 Auto Transport Service knows the rules and regulations for importing a vehicle so there are no hassles for you. They have put over twenty years into helping customers like you ship vehicles all around the world so their experience and expertise will not go unnoticed.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?