When considering vehicle shipment to Rio de Janeiro, think about how beneficial it will be to have your own means of transportation. The roadways in the second largest city of Brazil are maintained and easy to navigate, making travel alone easy for nearly anyone.
Rio de Janeiro is the home of some very popular tourist attractions. Many decide to reside here for employment due to the quantity of highly regarded industries, such as oil. Not to mention, there is always a lot to do and sports are one of the most popular forms of entertainment.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Is Needed for Proper Vehicle Shipment.
Having the proper documentation and regarding the regulations of Customs is important for vehicle shipment. Unless everything is addressed, a vehicle will not be permitted into the country. Be sure to contact the Embassy of Brazil for further information.
- Brazil allows new vehicles to be shipped into the country. However, if the car is over thirty years old, that is also permitted considering the vehicle is considered to be an antique.
- All vehicles must pass an emissions test to make sure that it is within the country’s standards.
Documentation needed will include:
- title and registration.
- proof of passing the Safety and Emissions Test.
- license or picture ID.
- proof of ownership.
Make sure that as the owner of the vehicle, you are present at the port on the day the vehicle is due to arrive. This is crucial. Also be sure to keep track of where your vehicle is during shipment.
Container or RO/RO Shipping.
Both container shipping and RO/RO shipping are wonderful options. Selecting a method of shipping will depend on budget and whether or not there are other belongings to be shipped.
Container shipping is a method that can allow for other property to be shipped along with the vehicle. There will be extra space in the container and the vehicle can be filled too. The cost of the container can be split with another person if sharing a container. This will help reduce costs. Just make sure that the property in the vehicle is permitted by Brazil Customs.
RO/RO shipping is the roll on, roll off method that requires the vehicle to be completely empty. Floor mats, a spare tire and a car jack are permitted. The car must be able to drive on and off the ship and costs slightly less than container shipping.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?