#1 Not doing enough research about the company or their services.
It is very important that you research the international transporters in your area before hastily hiring the first company to offer you the lowest costs to ship your car to France.
Check out their website and even read the reviews left by past shipping clients. Find relevant contact information, the services offered, and get an idea of how well the company operates.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
#2 Not fulfilling all France’s requirements before the transport is set to begin.
The fulfillment of the import policy is the only way the vehicle can be permitted into the country. Gather the documents needed such as your passport, license, the proof of vehicle purchase, and other similar forms. Customs will release a certificate of approval upon the completion of all that is required. Contact the Embassy of France to find out the present laws in place as well as the latest tax rates
#3 Paying for shipping services upfront.
Never pay for your services before the delivery of the vehicle has been made. This doesn’t account for any taxes you must pay to receive approval from Customs. Be cautious of scam artists. They will always ask for money upfront. Researching the company you hire is the best way to avoid such circumstances.
#4 Neglecting to prepare the car properly.
Preparing the automobile for its international shipping process is essential to its safety as well as the safety of those caring for the transport. These are usually simple tasks to fulfill and can be done rather easily. Some of the requests include cleaning the vehicle thoroughly and documenting any damages.
#5 Forgetting to ask if the transporter carries insurance coverage.
All authentic auto transport companies are required to carry insurance coverage for the automobiles in their care. Although it is unlikely that any damages occur to the vehicle while it’s in the hands of professionals, insurance will cover any repairs that might be needed as a result of the transport. Always ask the transport company about their coverage and who they go through for insurance.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory