The largest French city in the panoramic Alsace-Champagne-Ardenne-Lorraine region, Strasbourg is the seat of the EU parliament and is situated close to the German border.
With plenty of opportunities for employment, business, education and trade, you are making the right choice by moving to Strasbourg on a short or long stay. However, it helps to navigate the city better when you have your own vehicle that is why even if it seems impossible to transport your vehicle from USA to France, it is not that complex. With the assistance of the experienced A1 Auto Transport service, we will make the auto shipping seamless and hassle-free for you.
With plenty of information available on shipping vehicles to France, you will be able to stay updated on the processes and requirements. There are only restrictions and different laws for large commercial vehicles like trucks but for cars and motorcycles laws remain constant.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Important tax regulations.
It is essential to know that the custom taxes are applicable on all vehicles that are imported to Strasbourg or any other French cities. These have to be cleared at the port of entry. As per the French Customs and Excise Service, the VAT is assessed based on the value of the vehicle and 19.6% is mandatory tax that is collected at the French port.
To help you get estimation on the applicable taxes on your vehicle, it is important to know that French Customs considers the evaluated value of the vehicle and in many cases, the associated insurance and shipping costs. The estimated taxes are 10% custom duty on cars/small vehicles and motorhomes while there is 9% duty on motorcycles and trailers are taxed at 5.3%.
Essential documentation on the imported vehicles.
To validate and verify the authenticity of the import, you are required to furnish these documents:
- Vehicle registration.
- Copy of the import declaration.
- Bill of Sale.
- Custom entry certificate.
- Custom clearance receipt.
After your vehicle has been cleared by the customs, you are required to get the new license plates and get the vehicle registered within four months. Thus, it is essential to start planning the shipping early so that there is no delay in the import of the vehicle. It helps to decide on the method of shipping so that we can furnish a written quote for your approval. You have the option of shipping by air and ocean bound freight ships. Air shipping is extremely expensive and that is why most people do not consider it. However, if you do need it, we can make all the arrangements with ease. Other affordable methods of shipping include:
- RORO: This is the cheapest method of transportation. The vehicle is driven on and off the ship using ramps and you are only paying for the parking space on the ship. It is important that the vehicle is shipped empty and steam cleaned.
- Container shipping: 20 feet and 40 feet shipping containers are available for hire and you can put your vehicle and other belongings inside it. Then it is sealed. At the dock, cranes are used to load and unload these containers and it is a safer way of shipping your vehicle to France.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory