Toulouse, France is the epicenter of the French Aerospace Industry, also known as the Aerospace Valley. It’s also the 4th largest metropolitan area of France and lays on the edge of the River Garonne that runs to the Mediterranean Sea. Shipping a car to Toulouse can be a time-consuming task to take on and the best way to make it as easy as possible is to hire a reputable auto transport company in the United States to take care of the seemingly large amounts of paperwork and documentation necessary for international shipping. Shipping to Toulouse is far different that shipping from one city or state from another within the U.S. You’ll need to either drive your car to the exit port in the U.S. or you will need to make arrangements to have your car picked up and delivered to the port for you if you cannot be present. If you will need to have your car delivered to you then you will need to provide a signed Power of Attorney form for the auto transporter to deliver it. You will also need to provide a copy of your driver’s license, social security number and car title and insurance certificate. You will also want to study the driving laws of Toulouse prior to driving in the city. You can find driving guidelines by checking this article.
Customs Requirements and Mandatory Paperwork
Anytime you ship a car internationally you will find that you have specific requirements and paperwork that will need to be turned into Customs agents in order to have your car cleared at the customs checkpoint. For all personal cars you will need to provide the following documents to Customs:
- Proof of Identity
- Residency Proof
- Foreign (U.S.) Car Registration
- Conformity Certificate issued by the Car Manufacturer
- A copy of the Bill of Sale and a Customs Clearance Certificate
Also, your personal vehicle must be four years old or less when importing. They will allow vehicles older than four years, but the car has to be within 6 months of being older than four years.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Cost and Ways to Ship to Toulouse
The total cost to ship your car to Toulouse from the United States will vary based on exit port location, distance to the entry port in France, the vehicle weight and pick-up and delivery status as well as other fees that must be mandatorily charged for international shipping. Your agent will give you a full itemized quote that will state what you must pay prior to shipping as well as what will have to be paid once the vehicle reaches Toulouse. If you need to have someone pick your car up and deliver it to the exit port or deliver it to you in Toulouse your agent will be able to assist with that as well. The Canal du Midi that runs from Toulouse out to the Mediterranean Sea will be the best route to have your car shipped from the sea to Toulouse if you are not planning on picking it up in person. It will have to clear through customs at the sea port, however, and you will need to be there in person for the clearance inspection.
You can ship your car with one of three very easy to utilize methods of overseas shipping.
- Ro-Ro Shipping- Ro-Ro is the easiest and most efficient way to ship a car overseas. Your car is driven onto the cargo ship in the U.S. and driven off when it reaches France. You can only ship your car when you ship this way and no personal belongings can be in the car when it begins the voyage.
- Shipping by Container– Shipping your car inside of a container is a great benefit if you need to load personal items inside of the car during shipment or inside of the container. Container shipping on a cargo ship is a bit more expensive than Ro-Ro but is a great value when you have relocated and need household and personal belongings from the U.S. to be with you in Toulouse.
- Air Cargo Shipping- No other form of shipping a car to Toulouse is as fast as shipping by air. Your car will be loaded onto a cargo plane and flown to the Toulouse Airport in Toulouse in a fraction of the time that it will take when shipping by sea.
For more information on international shipping to Toulouse from the United States, your transport agent will be able to provide you with vital information or you can contact the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol Agency for further information or questions you may have.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory