The French city of Rennes is located close to the historic cities of Vilaine and Ille within the province of Ille-et-Vilaine. It is the capital of Brittany region and it was named the ‘most livable city in France’ in 2012.
If you are shipping your car to Rennes from USA, it helps to have the assistance of A1 Auto Transport service to ensure there are no obstacles in quick delivery to France as they understand all aspects of international auto shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents for auto transport.
With large amount of documentation needed for vehicle export from USA and import in France, you need to ensure that the documents are filed with the respective Customs department at least 4 day to a week in advance so that the permits are granted on time.
- Proof of Ownership – passport, social security card/driving license.
- Customs Clearance Certificate.
- Work visa/residency permit.
- U.S. Car title deed/Registration documents.
- Conformity Certificate.
- Import declaration.
- Bill of Sale of the vehicle.
Additionally, it is important to know that all vehicles that are imported from USA are liable to pay the custom duties irrespective of the size and type of vehicle. These duties are applicable to be paid at the Port of Bordeaux, by French Customs and Excise Service before the vehicles are cleared for delivery. Apart from the regular tax and duties based on the vehicles engine capacity, shipping and insurance charges and evaluated price, you need to know that there is 10% import duty on all automobiles including motorhomes while motorcycles have to pay 9% custom duty. There is an additional VAT of 20% that is uniformly applicable on all vehicles. It is essential to be aware that age of the vehicle is an important criterion. The maximum age of the car is set at four years and six months and no vehicle above this benchmark is allowed within France. Thus, if you have an older vehicle, it will not be allowed for import to Rennes.
Ways to ship car to France.
The most commonly utilized methods are Roll-on, Roll-Off and Enclosed container shipment. RORO only allows an empty vehicle to be shipped. It is driven on and off the freight cargo ship using its own wheels. This is the cheapest way to send your vehicle to Rennes. While container shipping as the name states, allows your vehicle and any other goods that you need moved to France put together in 20 feet or 40 feet containers and sealed. The cranes are used to load and unload these containers.
It is bets to start planning the shipment early and A1 Auto Transport service is right here for your assistance. You may look up the website of French Consulate to get the latest on the current import laws.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory