Importing Your Personal Vehicle To Grenada From The United States
Shipping A Car To Grenada.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Average shipping costs to Grenada fall between $1,300 and $3,200 from the U.S., with standard vehicle sizes being less expensive than SUVs or larger cars and trucks.
- Shipping from the Southeastern U.S. is also much more cost-effective so most transport vessels to Grenada ship from there.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Grenada
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to St George´s||$200||$3,300||5+17|
|New York, NY to (New York port) to St George´s||$275||$3,700||5+22|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to St George´s||$450||$3,300||5+17|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to St George´s||$475||$3,300||6+17|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to St George´s||$550||$3,300||6+17|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to St George´s||$550||$3,700||5+22|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to St George´s||$575||$3,700||6+22|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to St George´s||$675||$3,700||6+22|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to St George´s||$800||$3,700||6+22|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to St George´s||$1,025||$3,300||7+17|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Grenada, a beautiful island nation that consists of the Island of Grenada as well as six small islands in the Caribbean Sea, also known as “The Spice Island” because of the growth of spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and mace crops, is one of the world’s largest export countries, and many people relocate to the island nation because of the beautiful coastal scenery and the economic development.
When you have relocated to Grenada and you want to have your personal vehicle with you, you need to hire a professional auto transporter that is licensed for international shipping to transport the vehicle for you.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Grenada
The agent at the transport company will go over in detail with you all that you will need to do to have your vehicle shipped overseas. They will require certain documents prior to scheduling the shipment of the vehicle. These documents include:
- Driver’s License.
- Social Security Card.
- Vehicle Title and Registration.
- Power of Attorney Statement (Signed)
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate.
You will also be required to either have international vehicle shipping included in your insurance, or you will need to acquire an international shipping insurance policy which is easily accomplished through the shipping agency. Your vehicle will have to be prepared to go through Customs when it reaches Grenada and you will need to have documents ready to present when the car arrives. Grenada requires many documents and here is a list of some that you will need.
Signed Declaration that uses the Simplified Single Administration Document(SAD) This document must include the following information:
- Name of person importing.
- Bill of Lading or the Air Way Number.
- Freight Charges.
- Registration Number of Manifest.
- Weight of Vehicle.
- Description of Vehicle.
- Customs value.
- All Shipping Invoices.
- Tax Number.
- Insurance Certificate.
- Import License.
- Permits if needed.
An entry pass will be required to enter the port and that may be acquired from the Grenada Ports Authority as long as you have your Driver’s License, Passport or National Identification Card. You will also need to purchase a stamp in the amount of $5.50 (USD) to place on the Simplified SAD document before you go through customs to have the vehicle cleared. A Senior Customs Official will decide whether your vehicle will need a physical inspection or if it can be cleared without one. You will be required to pay a Grenada Port Authority port charge and will have to acquire an exit pass so you can exit the port. Failure to comply with customs provisions can result in financial penalties being placed on your vehicle prior to clearance. You can check with the Grenada Customs Department to gain further information on necessary regulations to have your vehicle cleared through customs.
Learn more about Grenada vehicle registration process.
Now That You Know All of That, How Can You Ship?
It’s great to have all of the information on having your vehicle cleared easily through customs, but you may be wondering how to get your car shipped in the first place. There are two ways to ship internationally overseas and one way to ship by air. Since there are so many ports available on the sea in Grenada, most people use sea shipping when importing a vehicle. These are the available ways to ship and how they work:
- Roll-On Roll-Off (Ro-Ro) - With Ro-Ro Shipping your car is easily driven onto the ship at the exit port in the United States, and then driven off of the ship when it reaches Grenada. This is the easiest and least expensive way to ship a vehicle overseas.
- Container Shipping - As with Ro-Ro Shipping, your car is loaded onto a ship and then sails to Grenada. However, when shipping in a container, you will be able to pack personal items or household goods with your car.
- International Air Shipping - Shipping by air is similar to container shipping because you can also ship items besides your vehicle when you airship. This is an especially good choice for those who may have expensive vehicles or need to have their cars arrive very fast.
The cost of shipping will vary depending on which way you choose to ship the vehicle, and your automobile transport agent will be able to give you details on rates and fees that you will need to pay for each type of shipping available.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Grenada
The process of transporting heavy equipment or oversized cargo to another nation is one that should only be handled by professionals in the international transport industry. With all there is entailed in the act of an overseas transport, you’ll need to be well-prepared for the arduous task. Not only will you need the appropriate transport equipment and technology, but you will need knowledge of foreign import policies and experience with international deliveries.
To successfully transport your heavy equipment or oversized cargo to Grenada, call A1 Auto Transport. We have access to the best transport equipment and modern shipping technology. We are certain we can ship your cargo safely within a strict time frame. Over the past few decades, we have helped our customers ship their cargo of all kinds, all over the world. Below are some examples of the types of heavy and oversized cargo we have shipped and can ship at any time.
- Farm Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Paving Equipment
- Dump Trucks
- Large Trucks or Heavy Vehicles
- Motor Graders
- Engineering Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment and more…
The Ways You Can Ship Heavy and Oversized Cargo Outside of the U.S.
A1 offers several overseas shipping options to those with heavy or oversized cargo to deliver outside of the United States. These transport methods are different from one another so it’s best to understand how each one works before you make a choice on how to have your cargo transported to Grenada. Our transport specialists will inform you of your options once you describe the type of equipment or cargo you have to ship.
- Container shipping is the most expensive, secure form of transport overseas. It protects your cargo within the containers walls and ceiling.
- Flat rack shipping is an open air transport method that provides a little more security than the other open air options. Your cargo is fastened to a metal frame before it is placed atop the boat for its transport.
- LoLo (lift on/lift off) shipping is an open air transport method available to those with inoperable vehicles and heavy crated cargo. A crane will lift your cargo onto and off of the ship.
- RoRo (roll on/roll off) shipping is an open air service that requires your large vehicle or heavy equipment to drive off of and onto the ship using a ramp. This is the least expensive shipping option.
Related Information & FAQs
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇬🇩 Grenada, (GD)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇬🇩 Grenada, (GD)
🇬🇩 Grenada, (GD)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To AfghanistanShip Car To AgadezShip Car To Aguascalientes
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August