Grenada’s largest town, Gouyave is the capital of St. John parish. It is situated in the western coastal area of Grenada. If you are planning to move here for work or leisure, you have to bring your car when you arrive.
To ensure smooth import of vehicle from USA, call in A1 Auto Transport service today. We have over 20 years of experience in shipping vehicles all over the world and are a licensed company.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
We will be able to assist you with the procedures and regulations of shipping to whenever you plan to transport your vehicle overseas. There are some documents associated with scheduling vehicle’s shipment which include:
- Social security number.
- Driving license and passport.
- Vehicle registration.
- Car title deed.
- Certificate of vehicle insurance.
- Power of attorney.
You might have the international shipping documents included in the current insurance policy. Moreover, you might have to buy a new policy to cover the transit with the help of our agency. The vehicle needs to be prepped up well so that there is no delay with the Grenada Customs Department. It is best to submit the documents at least 72 hours before the vehicle arrives at the port. The listed documents are needed:
- Shipper’s identity and name.
- Bill of Lading.
- Registration documents.
- Vehicle’s weight.
- Description of the needful vehicle.
- Customs value and tax number.
- Invoices of all shipping records.
- Import license.
- Insurance certificate.
- Permits, when necessary.
You might have to need a pass, at the port. And you have to acquire the authorization at the Grenada Ports Authority, if you have the Driver’s license or your U.S passport.
Moreover, you have to avail a stamp, which can amount to US$6, to be affixed at the Simplified Single Administration Document (SAD). These procedures have to be completed before your vehicle goes through the Customs Department for clearances. Based on the discretion of the senior customs official, the vehicle has to undergo detailed inspection or it can be passed through the Customs with ease.
Another step will be to clear the port charges for the Grenada Port Authority to get the authorized exit pass. If you do to comply with the provisions, penalties are applicable on the vehicle. For further information, you can contact the Embassy of Grenada to know more about the current regulations. You will receive all valid information associated with your vehicle. Now if you are wondering about ways to ship your car, there are two options available:
- Roll on Roll off (RORO): With this form of shipping, the vehicle is driven on the ship and driven off at the last port in Grenada. This is considered as the cheapest way to ship your vehicle to Gouyave.
- Container shipping: Available in sizes of 20 feet or 40 feet containers, the car is shipped inside these large containers. Here, you can pack some of your personal household goods and personal items, to ship along with your car. To cut costs, you can share space with another shipment.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?