The capital of Grenada, Saint George’s is a popular Caribbean tourist destination. Nestled in the horseshoe harbor, the sunny, palm fringed beaches and blue seas are alluring.
If you are planning to stay and enjoy the tropical weather and beach fun for an extended period, it is best to import your vehicle from USA. It will help you commute easily without depending upon the local transportation.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
It is safest to work with A1 Auto Transport services as we are license, experienced and have shipped hundreds of vehicles to Grenada over the years. All procedures and documentation has to be completed and one of our agents will go over the details with you. We will need some of the documents submitted by you including:
- Vehicle Title.
- Registration certificate.
- Insurance on the vehicle.
- Social Security card.
- Driving license.
- Signed Power of Attorney.
You will be required to buy international shipping insurance while the vehicle is in transit and in El Salvador. Additionally, before the Grenada Customs clears the vehicle, there are some specific documents that are needed. These include submitting the Simplified Single Administration Document (SAD) that contains:
- Shipper’s name and address.
- Bill of Lading.
- Weight and registration number.
- Vehicle description.
- Invoices of shipping.
- Import permit and tax number.
- Insurance certificate.
You will need the entry pass which will be issued by the Grenada Ports Authority. To get this pass issued, you will need to show the passport or the driving license. Before your vehicle is cleared by the customs authorities, you will need to get a $5 stamp affixed on the Simplified Single Administration Document (SAD). Physical inspection of the vehicle is optional depending upon the Customs officials. Port charges and import duties have to be paid. To know more about the details of the taxes and procedures, you can contact the Grenada Customs Department.
Shipping options to Saint George’s
To ship your vehicle to Grenada, there are actually four options. The first option is land transportation which isn’t really safe and then there is air transportation. This is not really very viable because of the extremely high costs. That is why ocean bound freight shipping is a popular option. You can select from RORO and container shipping. It is cheapest to ship by RORO as the vehicle is put and secured on the open deck on the ship. That is why it is shipped completely empty. You have to remove the air conditioning gas and leave only a quarter tank of fuel in the vehicle so that it can be driven off the ship.
But when you ship by container shipping you are allowed to put your personal items along with the vehicle in a large container. It is then sealed. It will be opened at the customs under the supervision of the owner.
The method of shipping affects the price of the vehicle transportation. Talk with the shipping agent and get a free quote. To know more about the new regulations and latest updates, contact the Embassy of Grenada.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?