Exporting a Car from USA to Germany
Transport services relocate cars and other motorized vehicles all over the world on a daily basis. Every country sets its own import laws pertaining to exports from the USA. Some allow used vehicles to enter and some don’t. Some have regulations as to how old the car can be when it is imported into the country. For anyone exporting a car from the USA to Germany, all laws must be met and you must have all the required proof.
When you must ship a car over the ocean to another nation, make sure you hire a reputable international transporter familiar with the country’s foreign import policies. However, it is highly recommended that all shipping customers call the Embassy of Germany to learn of the current auto import policies, as well as the tax and duty rates. After receiving the information, start collecting the documentation needed for Customs. Customs will grant the vehicle import approval if all the right proof is presented.
Least Expensive Transport Method for Overseas Auto Deliveries
Even with its inability to completely shelter a vehicle from outside elements such as inclement weather, it is known as an efficient and safe form of shipping. Actually, many manufacturers and dealerships use this method when they must ship multiple vehicles to a location. Just make sure that there is a seaport near the country that accepts open air deliveries.
For many reasons, open air shipping services are highly desired by frequent transport customers. RO/RO is the cheapest possible way to ship a car to Germany. The car isn’t permitted to carry personal or valuable items. The shipping company will not be responsible for damages, or any lost or stolen items.
Preparing the vehicle right positively impacts you car’s transport. Always take photographs of your car’s interior and exterior condition as proof before it was in the hands of the transporter. The best way to make sure your car is ready for overseas shipping is to have it inspected and serviced at the auto shop before the ship date. Make sure your insurance policy covers overseas shipping, if it doesn’t, take advantage of the coverage available through the shipping service you hired.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory