Ship Your Car To Or From Sliema, Malta
On the coast of the northeastern Malta, lies the scenic city of Sliema that is located in the Northern Harbor District. Sliema is a residential and commercial location directly in the middle of dining or cafes and shopping. Sliema is a very popular place to live, work, and vacation at. The views of Sliema are beautiful with vintage Maltese townhouses that line the streets in town, and modernized apartment blocks, with the backdrop of tropical trees and sea.
Learn more about transporting cars to Malta.
There are many advantages to living in Malta and coming here near the Mediterranean Sea, you will enjoy some of those reasons that Malta is a beautiful place to visit. When you bring your own car with you while you visit, you will find that it’s more convenient and saves you money in the long run so you don’t have to worry about the times that public transportation is available and the limits of it. Not very many cars are shipped to Malta from the United States and when they are, it is somewhat affordable and not stressful.
To get your import request started, you will be taking your vehicle from the United States and since you are traveling to a foreign country, you will appreciate the expertise found in a company like A-1 Auto Transport Service. Assisting customers in transporting their vehicle from one place to another is what they do best and they offer additional services that may make it even more convenient such as door-to-port or port-to-port. A vehicle shipped from the United States to Malta can expect to cost between $1,900 and $3,700, depending on what the current fuel cost is as well as other factors that will be considered.
You will also need to have a complete list of documents that will be required along the way; at the exit port, the ship, and the port in Malta. These documents can be copied and provided to A1 Auto Transport Service so that they can help you the rest of the way. Documents include:
- Proof that you own the vehicle that you are importing
- Bill of Lading
- Proof of insurance on the vehicle
- Proof of registration on the vehicle
- Vehicle purchase invoice
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations for Import to Malta
There are rules and regulations that must be followed when importing a vehicle. Some of these regulations include:
- You cannot be living in Malta for more than six months before your import date is scheduled
- You must be the owner of your vehicle for a period of at least six months before it is shipped
- If you are registered as a citizen of Malta and are coming back after living abroad, you will not need to pay duty taxes to import your vehicle
- All vehicles will need to show proof of vehicle insurance, be registered
- All vehicles will need to contain a vehicle repair log
- It will be required to be inspected within seven days of arriving and clearing port.
- You must fill out forms VEH01 to VEH04 prior to your vehicle being inspected by the Land Transport Directorate.
- You will need to bring with you a Certificate Of Conformity of your vehicle which includes where it was purchased and the manufacturer of the car.
- You will need to pay all registration charges so you can place registered tags on the vehicle in order to drive in Malta
To figure out how much you will pay for the registration levy, you can find out the evaluated of your vehicle and include the type of emissions that is currently on your vehicle. If you only plan to be in Malta for a short period of time, you will not need to pay any new taxes. You will be responsible for taxes if you become a permanent citizen. Contact the Embassy of Malta in U.S for current updates on laws and requirements.
Shipping Methods for Malta
If you want to import your vehicle to Sliema, you can do so by the Roll On/Roll Off shipping method or the container shipping method. The Roll On/ Roll Off method of shipping is the most affordable way to transport your vehicle to another country. Your vehicle will need to go through a certain check list in order to qualify to be driven onto the deck of a ship. It will be driven by its own engine onto the ship and then harnessed down for the duration of the trip. Once it reaches the port in Malta, it will be unstrapped and then driven off of the ship.
If container shipping is something you are more interested in, you can fill up the container with your personal items and any household items you would like to bring with you. The container is either a 20 foot or 40-foot square that is large enough to hold everything. Your vehicle will be placed inside the container and then loaded onto the ship for the ride over the ocean. Once it reaches the port in Malta, it will then be unloaded by crane and turned over to port authorities for clearance.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?