One of the panoramic cities in Southern Malta, Qormi is fifth largest area in Republic of Malta. If you are planning to move to this panoramic destination, it might be better that you import your vehicle as public transportation isn’t the best here. Hiring a car everyday can be expensive. But before you start with the paperwork, it is better that you work with a trusted and reliable shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport service. We moved thousands of vehicles globally, including to Malta. With tropical weather all year round, it is easy to traverse the island and is equally cohesive to ship the vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
If you need the vehicle picked up from your home in US and delivered to your address in Qormi, A1 Auto Transport will be able to do it but you will need to provide us with the requisite documents. We will transport it to the port in US and can pick it up at the port in Malta, after you authorize us with a signed Power of attorney. Additionally, we will need:
- Driver’s license.
- Clear title of car.
- Car insurance certificate.
- Social security card.
- Car insurance.
Regulations governing vehicle import.
There are some specific laws that you will need to take care of before you can ship your vehicle here. It is important that you owned the vehicle for at least 6 months before moving to Qormi. Additionally, you need to have stayed in Qormi for minimum of six months that you will be allowed to import your vehicle. If you are a returning citizen, you are not required to pay the import duties and are exempted from other related taxes. However, you are required to submit:
- Insurance certificate of the vehicle.
- Proof of ownership.
- Vehicle registration.
- Repair log of the car.
- Submit the forms VEH01, VEH02, VEH03 and VEH04.
- Inspection by the Transport Malta Agency within 7 days after importing the vehicle.
Apart from these pre-conditions, you will need the Copy of Conformity of the car by the manufacturer of the vehicle. Additionally, there are registration taxes to get the license tags for Malta registration. The registration fee depends upon the level of emission tests and cost of the vehicle.
However, if you are importing the vehicle on a temporary basis and intend taking the vehicle back with you, you don’t have to pay the additional taxes. If you are living on a permanent basis, the taxes need to be cleared. To receive an exemption on the taxes, you will need to show your work permit or student visa. This will have to be submitted to the Transport department in Malta before you import the vehicle. But if you are here on a permanent basis, Certificate of Export for the vehicle is needed. The license plate will need to be changed from the US to Malta number. Within a short period of your stay, you will need to get the local driving license and can contact the Embassy of Malta to get the details.
You will need to discuss the shipping options with A1 Auto Transport service. We will take care of the shipping hassles so that you can enjoy your time in Qormi. The cost of shipping will depend upon the method you select and two methods of shipping include:
- RORO: This is the cheapest and the most common method of shipping your vehicle. Your vehicle is driven on, secured and driven off using its own wheels. As it will be parked on a deck, you are not allowed to keep personal items and any flammable goods within the car. The cost is low because you are only charged for the spot the vehicle is parked on.
- Container shipping: This is expensive as you hire 20 feet or 40 feet container and secure vehicle and other personal belongings inside it. Your possessions are well-protected from the ravages of weather, theft and pilferage. This is perfect if you have an expensive or a vintage vehicle to transport to Malta.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?