Ship Your Car To Or From Oradea, Romania
The city of Oradea is the capital of Bihor County as well as the Crisana region in Romania. This city is very important for the economic, social, and the cultural progress of the western region in Romania. It is close to the Crisul Repede River and is considered the gateway to the western and central part of Europe.
If you want to work in Romania or just stop in for a visit, you can consider bringing your own vehicle to Romania with you when you do. You will need to fill out some paperwork in order to have everything ready for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection as well as the Romanian Customs Department. Some of these papers or documents you will need include:
- Registration of your vehicle
- Invoice of your vehicle purchase
- Work/Residence permit
- Bill of Lading
- Insurance proof
- Proof of ownership
When importing to Oradea from U.S, you may encounter some restrictions and limitations that can make it seem more difficult unless you have a reputable transport company working for you like A1 Auto Transport service. With over twenty years in the auto shipping industry, you can depend on us to get your vehicle safely to Romania. It is important that you own the vehicle for a minimum of six months in the United States before you can consider importing it. Another key aspect to consider is that banks in Romania are always closed on the weekends, so you will need to consider it before you take the delivery here.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Prepping the Vehicle Before Shipping
All accessories and non-permanent parts in the car that can be removed before your shipment can be done. This is important to avoid these parts from coming off during shipment. You may also be asked to clean out your vehicle both inside and out prior to shipping the vehicle, if you choose the Roll-On/Roll-Off shipment method.
Your vehicle will also need to be steam cleaned before it can be boarded onto the ship. If the vehicle is not cleaned it may be subject to quarantine instead. This can delay your vehicle shipment for up to two weeks. You can avoid quarantine and get your vehicle there faster if you follow the procedures.
Cost of the Shipping
Once you hire A1 Auto Transport Service to ship your vehicle for you, a shipping agent will work with you to determine how much it will cost you to ship your vehicle and go over what is required to do so. You will also be given a list of taxes and duties that you will need to pay for including the 17% maximum duty and VAT of 24%. However, it is best to contact the Embassy of Romania to get the latest on the laws and regulations
Auto Shipping Methods
There are two different methods of shipping to choose from Roll On/ Roll Off and container shipping.
- Roll On/Roll Off (RORO) is the most affordable way to ship your vehicle to another country. With this method, your vehicle will be parked inside of a bay on the deck of a ship prior to shipment. You will need to completely clean out your vehicle and remove the air conditioning gas and any other liquids and leave only one-fourth tank of gas in the gas tank. You will need to only leave the floor mats, a jack, and the spare keys inside the vehicle.
- Container shipping is another option for you where you can choose a 20 foot container or a 40 foot container which will also allow you to fill the container up with all your personal property so you can ship everything at one time. While this method is more expensive, it does add a certain amount of protection.
Vehicle Delivery in Romania
You will need to follow the rules and regulations according to the Romania Law in order to avoid all the delays and quarantines. A1 Auto transport Service will be able to offer such added services such as port-to-port or door-to-port services which can be added onto the transport total. Once the vehicle is successfully delivered in Oradea, you will need to have your vehicle legal by changing the license plates and get a local driving license.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?