Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Cluj-Napoca
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
The city of Cluj-Napoca ranks second highest in population in Romania preceded by Bucharest and is the Cluj County seat in northwestern region. Located on the banks of the River Valley of Somesul Mic, it is the unofficial capital of Transylvania historical province. It is also the most prominent business, industrial, cultural, and academic centre of Romania.
To transport the vehicle to Cluj-Napoca, you need to organize the necessary paperwork. The Romania Custom department requires vehicle registration from USA, title deed, invoice of vehicle purchase, residence permit, passport, and submit ownership proof. Additionally it is important to change the license plates and get a local driving license after 6 months. If you are looking for detailed information, check the official Romanian customs page. Here you will get all the information regarding the associated restrictions or limitations.
Additionally, it is important that the shipping agency you choose will guide and assist you in all the aspects of transport including vehicle preparation. That is why it is essential that we work with you. At A1 Auto Transport service, we answer all the queries that you have. You should be the owner of the vehicle for at least six months in the US before you can import it to Romania. You can refer to the U.S Federal Regulations Code Title 19 to understand the shipping status and the eligibility of the vehicle.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Cluj-Napoca
(New York port) to New York, NY
|Los Angeles to (California port)|
|Boston, MA to (New York port)|
(California port) to Portland, OR
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port)|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port)|
(New York port) to Atlanta, GA
|Denver, CO to (California port)|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port)|
(California port) to Dallas, TX
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping methods and associated cost.
The two major transport methods of vehicles to Cluj-Napoca in Romania include:
- RORO Shipping: This is the cheapest method available to the car owners looking to import their vehicles to Romania. Here the car will be driven upon the deck of the ship. The sea vessels contain ramp to facilitate this process. People prefer this method because it is both cost-effective and convenient. In order to do away with any problems related to the authorities during the transport process do not forget to steam clean it prior to shipping.
You are required to remove the gas related to the air-conditioning system. This way, you can help speed up delivery process of the vehicle at Cluj. Otherwise, the custom officials will quarantine your vehicle and send it to the cleaning services before bringing it back to the shipping facility.
- Vehicle Container Shipping: Are you looking to ship certain personal items along with your car to Romania? Then this method seems an ideal one for your requirements. You can deliver your vehicle to the depot or A1 Auto Transport representatives will collect it from your home. Based upon individual price point abilities you can choose a container of 20 feet to 40 feet for your car. You can consider adequate space to keep the personal belongings as well. If this is not feasible, you can also share a container with another vehicle. This will allow you to minimize expenses.
You can contact the Romanian Embassy to get more information about the import laws.