Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Turda
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Turda is a city which is located in Cluj County within Romania, on the Arles River. The historically rich city has evolved over the years and is now a hub of trade, education, and business. This has led to an increase of foreigners living here on a temporary or a long term stay.
This necessitated the need to have a personal vehicle to commute. Having your own personal vehicle is definitely beneficial as you would be able to move within as well as outside of the city with ease.
If you are planning to get your vehicle imported from USA, chances are high that you might be lost in the maze of red tape. That is why it makes more sense to hire the services of expert international shipper such as A1 Auto Transport.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There is quite a lot of paperwork that you would have to take care of and some of the documents are required by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection and by the Romanian Customs and they include:
- Registration and title deed.
- Work or residence permit.
- Purchase invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
- Proof of ownership.
It is quite possible that there are limitations and restrictions when you import your car to Turda and you have to make sure to rely on a reputable international shipping agency such as the A1 Auto Transport or with the Customs Department of Romania. A1 Auto Transport is going to assist you through the entire process. You have to have owned the vehicle for at least 6 months in the US before you could import it.
The shipping representative is going to be able to provide you with the estimated budget for the entire process. You have to account for the applicable taxes as there is a maximum duty of 17% and a VAT of 24% on all of the imports. The more expensive your car is the higher the shipping price is going to get as well as the insurance cost. However, the method of the shipping is also going to matter. The most basic methods include:
- RORO: This is by far the cheapest method and it’s also the fastest water-based one. You won’t be able to put other belongings in your vehicle and you have to get rid of the air conditioning gases and clean the vehicle thoroughly prior to the shipment itself.
- Container Shipping: This method is preferred if you have more expensive vehicle as it’s going to make sure that the car is safely stored within a container and it won’t get damaged. You can also ship other personal belongings or share the container with someone else if you want to split the costs in half.
Adhering to the regulations is going to ensure a speedy process and clearances free of hassle. In order to determine the eligibility of your car you would have to check Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations. Once the vehicle arrives in Romania you are going to have to get the license plates changed and apply for local driver’s license. It is also especially advisable to read up on the traffic regulating provisions as there might be some differences. You can always check with the Embassy of Romania in USA.