- Car Shipping Romania
- Ship Your Car To Or From Romania
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Romania
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Romania
- Automobile Transportation Methods To Romania
- Upon Arrival In Romania
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Romania
- What Are My Shipping Options?
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Romania
Ship Your Car To Or From Romania
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- From the U.S., most cars cost from $2,300 to $5,100 to ship to Romania.
- Motorcycles and smaller cars (those that fit into a shipping container) are the cheapest to ship, whereas as larger and heavier vehicles will carry an additional cost.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Romania
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Constanza||$275||$2,500||5+28|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Constanza||$450||$3,800||5+28|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Constanza||$475||$3,800||6+38|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Constanza||$550||$3,800||6+38|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Constanza||$575||$2,500||6+28|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Constanza||$700||$2,500||6+28|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Constanza||$775||$3,800||7+38|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Constanza||$800||$2,500||6+28|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Constanza||$925||$2,500||7+28|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Constanza||$1,025||$3,800||7+38|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When exporting a vehicle to Romania, certain requirements and specifications must be met in order for a successful transaction to occur. As is commonplace with shipments to any other country, there is paperwork to be filled out, documents to send in, and fees to be taken care of. For more information regarding the costs acquired by shipping a car overseas, be sure to thoroughly read this article on the matter.
Factoring in the country typical climate is also crucial. The weather in Romania may be summed up in two words intense and seasonal. Extreme summer temperatures and high humidity are accompanied by frequent powerful downpours. The winters are freezing and wet. However the amount of rain that falls from the sky varies greatly from one region of the country to another. It is best to plan a trip in the milder months of the year which are the fall and spring.
As always, it would be beneficial to gain knowledge regarding the weather patterns of the country to understand any shipping delays that may occur. It is feasible to travel and import goods year-round to Romania.
It is easy to navigate through and have positive relations with a country like Romania, which has quickly become very modernized.
Romania is benefitting from a steady increase of tourism, so their customs and laws regarding moving and shipping into the country are strong and efficient.
Learn more about vehicle registration process in Romania.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Romania
In preparing to ship a vehicle to Romania, certain paperwork must be taken care of.
- Registration from country of origin.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Proof of ownership.
- Residence permit.
Visit the Romania Customs Page for more information regarding this matter. Be sure to reference this page to better understand any limitations and/or restrictions you may face upon moving or transporting goods such as automobiles to Romania.
Keep in mind that the banks in Romania are closed on both Saturdays and Sundays, as is common in most European countries.
Any external or non-permanent parts of your automobile should be removed prior to shipment, as they may cause problems during a long delivery process. Many companies will also ask you to completely clean out the inside of the vehicle; this is especially true if you choose to use a RoRo transport service (more on that soon).
Furthermore, be sure to steam-clean the inside of your vehicle prior to departure so that your vehicle will not be quarantined before being shipped. This will speed up the delivery process, as the shipping company you choose will not have to move your vehicle to a quarantine facility, a cleaning facility, and back to the shipping facility. Bypassing these lengthy procedures will ensure a faster delivery process, and provide a smaller chance of damage to your vehicle.
Be sure to remove all air-conditioning gases from your vehicle as well.
If you are unsure about the eligibility of your vehicle’s shipping status, refer to Title 19 of the U.S. Code Of Federal Regulations.
Automobile Transportation Methods To Romania
- Roll On/Roll Off (Ro-Ro) Shipping: This is the most common method of transportation that the majority of customers choose to transport their vehicles. This is a method of sea shipping where vehicles are driven on and off carrier ships using their own wheels. Ro-Ro sea vessels are equipped with ramps that aid in the process of driving vehicles on and off the ship. Essentially, it is a method of shipping that is best for any item that has wheels or can be safely placed on and off wheels. It is the most convenient and cost-effective way of getting your vehicle to Romania.
- Container Car Shipping: This is a popular shipping method choice for those who want to send some of their personal items along with their cars to Romania. The vehicle is either collected at one’s home or is delivered to a depot. Depending on whichever price point is more desirable, customers can choose private containers, which usually run 20ft or 40ft in size, and use the leftover space to pack personal items in, or customers may choose to share containers with someone else’s vehicle. This is a slightly more expensive method, as more safety checkpoints and procedures must be met.
- Car Transportation: This is a land-based and land-locked method of shipping, so it generally takes the greatest amount of time. Cars are insured and routinely inspected throughout the trip, but they must wait for a pending shipping date to Romania before they begin their journey.
Keep in mind, the vehicle must somehow be transported to a U.S. shipping port before it can begin preparations for shipment to another country like Romania. In certain cases, you may be allowed to drive your vehicle to a local port; this will help you cut back on any further expenses.
Upon Arrival In Romania
Once you arrive at your final destination, there are certain procedures that need to be taken care of regarding the safe arrival of your vehicle into the country.
- Pay the appropriate customs duty as well as all taxes and fees associated with the shipment.
- Have modifications applied and tested if necessary.
- Apply for identification plate registration and approval with the Bangladeshi government.
Once you arrive, it would certainly be in your favor to acquire more information regarding driving rules and regulations in Romania.
- Driving in Romania: You’ll want to know what the traffic and driving rules of Romania are as quickly as possible. Roads in this country are generally not in good condition and there are many lanes per road, resulting in frequent traffic jams. Vehicles within the country are also poorly maintained. You will probably have one of the best running vehicles in the country.
- Driver’s License: Driving on an International Driver’s License is encouraged in the country of Romania, as is common in many European countries.
Any further questions and concerns you may have can be directed to the U.S Embassy in Romania.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Romania
Shipping heavy equipment and oversized cargo to another country is often too difficult of a task without professional assistance from experienced, licensed transporters. You’ll need to have all the right components from knowledge of foreign import laws to the proper shipping equipment and haulers. A1 Auto Transport has handled national and international deliveries for decades with their ease of access to everything they need for a successful transport.
From farm equipment to construction materials, we can ship nearly any type of heavy equipment and oversized cargo. Some examples of heavy and large cargo that we’ve shipped in the past include…
- Hydraulic Equipment
- Heavy Machinery
- Farm Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Asphalt Pavers
- Motor Graders
- Large Vehicles
- Scissor Lifts
- Log Loaders and more…
As a shipping customer of A-1, you will receive free insurance coverage with your purchase. However, this insurance is partial coverage as in line with state requirements. You can purchase additional insurance protection plans through us at low costs.
What Are My Shipping Options?
As for your international heavy equipment or oversized cargo shipping options, it will depend on the kind of cargo you’re trying to have delivered to Romania. Once you provide us with some details regarding your cargo, our over the phone specialists will let you know what transport methods are open for you to purchase. We have a total of four overseas shipping methods including…
- RoRo Shipping- This open air shipping service is the cheapest out of all our options. To use this form of transport, your heavy equipment or oversized vehicle must drive onto and off of the ship using a ramp.
- LoLo Shipping- This method of transport lifts your crated equipment, construction materials or inoperable vehicle over the side of the ship using a crane.
- Flat Rack Shipping- Your cargo is secured to a metal frame before it is placed atop the ship safely. The metal frame adds more security.
- Container Shipping- This is the most secure form of transport we offer for heavy and oversized cargo. Your equipment is kept safe from inclement weather conditions and other outside hazards. To use this form of transport your cargo must fit inside a 40ft container.