The city of Ploiesti is located in the region of Wallachia in Romania and is the administrative center of Prahova County. It is situated about 35 miles from Bucharest, the capital of Romania.
With direct access to the most important Alpine regions of Prahova Valley, Ploiesti has become an essential link for transportation, for Bucharest and connects it with Moldavia and Transylvania.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
If you are moving here on a work visa or plan to stay on for a longer time on a resident permit, chances are high that you won’t be able to use the public transportation for long as it is more expensive. That is why importing your vehicle from USA becomes essential. However, with international auto imports, there are plenty of documentations, proofs and other paperwork that has to be submitted to the Customs department of both the countries much before the vehicle is shipped out. As per the Romanian Customs department the documents that have to be sent for approval a week before the vehicle arrives in the port include:
- Vehicle title deed.
- U.S-Registration certificate.
- Insurance certificate.
- Visa or Work permit.
- Bill of Lading.
- Bill of car purchase.
- Proof of ownership- driving license/passport.
To know the latest regulations, limitations and requirements for auto import, it is best to consult A1 Auto Transport service as we have been shipping vehicles to Romania for years. We have worked with the Customs department and understand the various processes with ease. If you are looking to transport your vehicle to Ploiesti, we’ll be glad to assist you. You can ask us any question that you have but it is essential to know that you need to own the vehicle for at least six months before, you can import it to Romania.
Freight shipping costs.
Our shipping representative can help you on all aspects of the vehicle export-import to Romania. When you are budgeting for the vehicle relocation, it is imperative to know that in Romania, there is 24% and 17% import duty which is the maximum. However, the exact amount that you will need to pay depends upon the shipping, insurance and car’s value. Thus, consider one of these methods of shipping your vehicle- RORO or Enclosed Container shipping.
- RORO: In Roll-on/Roll-Off, you are allowed to ship only your vehicle that has to be emptied of all personal belongings. The car is then driven on the ship using pre-set ramps at the U.S port and secured onboard. When it reaches the Romanian shores, the car is driven off and the Romanian Customs Authority needs to clear it before it is delivered to you. This is the cheapest way to ship your vehicle.
- Enclosed container shipping: If you choose this, it is going to cost you more but it is more secure than RORO. Your vehicle is moved and secured within large 20 feet or 40 feet containers. You are allowed to put in your household or personal items, if you intend moving long term. It is then sealed and only opened at the port in Romania.
It is important that all procedures and regulations are adhered to so that there is no reason for delays. At A1 Auto Transport, we assist you through the complex process, ensuring that it is seamless and hassle-free for you. After the vehicle reaches Ploiesti, the registration process will need to be completed and license plates changed. If you need any assistance, call us today or contact the Embassy of Romania.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?