Constanta has been known as Tomis in the past and it is the biggest port located on the Black Sea. It is also amongst the largest ones in entire Europe. The city has its location in the region of Dobruja in Romania and it’s seated on the coast of the Black Sea. It is the acting capital of the Constanta county as well as the biggest city in this particular area.
There are some particular regulations that have to be abided by if you are to export a vehicle to Romania. You would have to fill out a lot of paperwork, submit the requisite documents and pay some fees and taxes. The climate of Romania is rather seasonal as the summers are incredibly hot and often feature severe storms. At the same time, the winters are incredibly cold and very rainy. The mild seasons are fall and spring and thus if you want to ship your car, it’s advisable to be then.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Things to Consider When Transporting Your Car.
In order to get your car successfully transported, you’d have to undertake an abundance of steps. Discussing it with us at A1 Auto Transport service about the pre-requisites of shipping a vehicle to Romania helps. You would have to provide the following documents:
- S registration.
- Purchase invoice.
- Title deed.
- Ownership proof- Passport/driving license.
- Permit for residence.
For further and more detailed information you can visit the Romania Customs Authority. Referencing this page would allow you to obtain valuable and actual information which would help you with this endeavor.
Non-permanent and external parts of your car should be removed before the process because they might cause damage to the vehicle during transit. At A1 Auto Transport service, we recommend that you properly steam clean the car, to avoid any potential quarantine especially if you decide to go with the RORO shipping method. No personal belongings or air condition gas is allowed as it is a fire hazard.
However, if you are even slightly unsure about the eligibility of your car to be shipped, you can always take a look at the Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations.
Shipping Methods to Romania.
- Roll-on/Roll-off (RORO). This is overly preferred and the most common method for shipping. The main reason for this is because it’s cheaper. However, this requires you to drive the car on the shipping deck on its own wheels. Afterwards, it’s going to be properly secured on the deck so that it doesn’t move throughout the transit process. This is the most convenient way for you to go, if you don’t need to ship anything else.
- Container Shipping. This is the more appropriate choice for people who have the necessity to ship other belongings alongside the car. It’s more expensive. However, you can choose between a private container and a shared one, with the second option being significantly cheaper. The method is more expensive because there are more checkpoints and procedures that have to be taken care of.
Once You Arrive In Romania.
Upon arrival, you would have to take care of certain procedures regarding the overall safety of your car. You have to pay what’s due to the. You have to apply the modification which you’ve removed and make sure that everything works as before. You would also have to apply for an identification plate. It’s also highly advisable that you revise the driving rules here. This would help you navigate through the traffic better and would ensure your overall safety.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory