Craiova is the sixth largest city and the administrative center of Dolj County in Romania. It is well known as the chief commercial city that is west of Bucharest and it is also the most important city of the Oltenia area. If you are moving here or have been living here for a while and require your own personal vehicle to drive around, you can import it from USA.
Romania government has certain requirements that must be followed when transporting a vehicle into the country. And just like any other country, there is paperwork that must be filled out and fees that will need to be paid before the final permits are given. You can travel and import vehicles at any time of the year to Craiova. However, you should also be aware of the changing weather patterns that may occur and if they do, they could impact your vehicles’ arrival time.
With limitations as well as restrictions on vehicle import, when you are importing your vehicle to Craiova, you need to ask questions. Either the Romanian Customs Department can help you or A1 Auto Transport Service can give you the answers you need when it comes to preparing your vehicle for shipment to Romania. If you have owned your vehicle for at least six months in the United States before the day you plan to ship it to Craiova, then you should not have any problem getting the paperwork going.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Before you Transport your Vehicle to Romania.
You will need to have the following documentation in order to transport your vehicle to Romania
- Vehicle Title.
- Proof of Ownership.
- Your Passport.
- Registration from the Country your vehicle came from.
- Vehicle purchase Invoice.
- Residence permit.
You can find a lot of helpful information online at the Embassy of Romania. You can use the information you find on this page to help you understand the restrictions as well as the limitations place on importing goods and vehicles to Romania.
Before shipping your vehicle, you need to go around it and remove any external parts or parts that are not permanently mounted onto your car. You may also be asked to clean your vehicle out completely. You will also be asked to remove the air-conditioning gases before shipment. You can refer to Title 19 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations to learn more about vehicle eligibility.
Ways to Ship your Vehicle to Romania.
The Roll on/ Roll off shipping, or Ro-Ro is the most popular way to transport a vehicle. This method of shipping involves your vehicle driven onto a carrier ship and then fastened down where it will stay during transport. Once it reaches the destination, it is driven off.
Container shipping is another popular way If you have more personal items that you want to send over too. You can choose private containers that are either 20 feet or 40 feet and will fit your vehicle as well as your personal items inside the container. When your vehicle arrives at the port in Romania, there are certain procedures that will need to be followed in order to get your vehicle drivable in this country.
- You will need to pay customs duty and any fees and taxes that were charged for shipping.
- You will need to have modifications done and verified as per EU laws.
- You will need to register your vehicle, get a license plate and have it approved with the government of Romania.
- As soon as you arrive, you will need to read up and study the driving rules and regulations for Romania.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory