How to Transport a Vehicle to Togo From The United States
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a car to Togo from the United States will generally cost between $2,300 and $6,400.
- Import taxes for vehicles brought into the country can run as much as 50% or more so keep that in mind when considering shipping to the area.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Togo
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Lome||$275||$3,400||5+34|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Lome||$450||$4,200||5+58|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Lome||$475||$4,200||6+58|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Lome||$550||$4,200||6+58|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Lome||$575||$3,400||6+34|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Lome||$675||$3,400||6+34|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Lome||$700||$3,400||6+34|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Lome||$775||$4,200||7+58|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Lome||$800||$3,400||6+34|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Lome||$1,025||$4,200||7+58|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Togo is a part of West Africa with tropical climates and a civilization largely dependent on agriculture. While there is a lot to do and see, public transportation is scarce. If staying there for an extended period of time or perhaps even permanently, consider shipping a personal vehicle to the country for less strenuous travel.
Unfortunately, shipping a vehicle to anywhere in Africa is difficult. There are a lot of matters that will need to be accomplished prior to the vehicle's importation. While some of the regulations and laws might not make sense to a U.S. citizen, all of them need to be addressed.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Togo
- Any vehicle that is a second-hand automobile, race-car, vintage car, or inherited vehicle, must abide by the certain restrictions that apply and if they aren't met, a permit may not be issued. This includes obtaining a document for proof of ownership.
- Obtain a letter of authority from the South African Bureau of Standards.
- Fill out an IE462 document.
- Show proof of passport.
- A person must be able to verify employment, and length of employment if applicable.
- A copy of the vehicle's registration must be presented.
- Proof and documentation of residency in Togo is necessary.
- If locating to Togo for study, any proof must be provided.
- Certificate of non-sale
- Bill of lading
The documentation needed is rather extreme, but all of it can be easy to obtain if matters are handled carefully. It is necessary to check in with Customs to make sure that regulations have not changed, seeing as they are subject to change at any given time.
The Issues with Public Transportation within Togo
Public Transportation in Togo is scarce. There are means of public transit that include buses and taxis, but they're not as bountiful as they are in the U.S. Trying to travel within the country is problematic is a person intends on locally traveling often.
The roadways in Togo are all paved and can be driven on without too many issues. Nonetheless, the roadways crack easily in the dry months and fill quickly with water and mud during the rain season. This could make it hard to travel safely and can even cause damage to your vehicle.
Things to Keep In Mind Prior to Exporting Your Vehicle to West Africa
Prior to sending your car to West Africa for your move to Togo, it is important to be on-site at the day of the vehicle's arrival, whether it was shipped in a container or by the RO/RO shipping method. Make sure that the right shipping method is selected and that all documentation is acquired.
There are only a few ports in the U.S. in which your vehicle can be exported to Africa and only one port within Africa. Transportation to the proper ports will need to be considered. The entire process should be handled carefully and quickly. Try to find assistance and stay organized. Keep all documents organized and prepared for Customs.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Togo
Do you need the help of professional overseas transporters? At A1 Auto Transport, we have a tremendous amount of experience, the right training and quick access to the most modern and best transport equipment and technology to ship any type of heavy equipment to another country. Under most circumstances, any cargo that cannot fit into a 40ft shipping container is considered oversized by us unless its weight surpasses its size significantly. Some exemplifications of oversized cargo we can transport outside of the U.S. include…
- Engineering Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Paving Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Dump Trucks
- Large Trucks or Heavy Vehicles
- Farming Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment and more…
Not only can we guarantee a safe delivery of your cargo to Togo, but we will make sure it is lawfully approved for its import into the nation so that there are no hang ups during the shipping process. Your demanded compliance with import policies is perhaps the most confusing and difficult part of the entire overseas shipping process, especially for those unfamiliar with the laws pertaining to importation. With our professional assistance everything will go along as planned.
Our Affordable Overseas Heavy Equipment Shipping Options
Through A1 there are various overseas heavy equipment shipping options offered. Depending on the heavy equipment or oversized cargo you’d like to have transported, not all of these options may be available to you. Below are the all the transport services we offer to those shipping equipment overseas...
- Lift-On Lift-Off- This method of transport is offered to those who need to deliver inoperable vehicles or crated heavy equipment to Togo. A crane lifts the cargo to place it on the ship and then is used again to lift the cargo off the ship.
- Roll-On Roll-Off - This is the cheapest and most sought after international transport method. Only those with operable vehicles and heavy equipment can use this service since the cargo must be rolled onto and off the ship using a ramp.
- Flat Rack- Your cargo is tightly secured to a metal frame before it’s put on top of the ship. Since flat racks are usually the last to be loaded onto the ship, your equipment may be covered with shrink wrap for added protection from inclement weather.
- Container Shipping- Most heavy equipment and oversized cargo won’t fit into a 40ft container, so not everyone can use this service. With the four walls and a ceiling barricading your cargo, this method of transport provides the most security than the other shipping methods offered.
Related Information & FAQs
- Why is shipping a car to Togo through an experienced transporter wise?
- The greatest transport method to use for shipping your car to Lome, Togo from the United States
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.