Kara is located in the northern part of Togo and is 413 km, just north of the capital city of Lome. The Kara River is the main resource of water for the city. Kara was originally known as Lama-Kara and then once the city began to grow, the Lama was dropped from the name.
If you want to ship your vehicle here, you may find that it is difficult to do because there are many things you will need to do in order to get permission to ship. The rules and regulations don’t always make sense to residents from the United States however they will still need to be followed.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Eligibility to import vehicle.
If you are looking forward to moving your vehicle, you need to be aware of the specific requirements that have to be adhered to. It is best to consult with A1 Auto Transport service agents and understand more about it before beginning the process. These include:
- If your vehicle is vintage, second hand, or a gift, you will need to follow the rules and restrictions in order to be issued a permit.
- A left hand drive vehicle is eligible.
- Have received a letter of authority from the South African Bureau of Standards.
- Filled out an IE462 Document.
- Show proof of your passport.
- Verify your employment in the country and length of stay.
- Show a copy of your vehicle’s registration.
- Proof of residency in Togo.
This may sound like a lot of documents to bring but it is necessary in order to follow the rules and regulations. You will also need to pay any taxes and duties due when you reach customs. To determine the amount due, the Togo Revenue Authority will be determined by the vehicle’s CIF – 53.5% import tax and duties. For those working for international organizations, it will be 3.12%. For diplomats, there will be no charge to import.
Issues with Public Transportation.
If you choose to not bring your vehicle over with you to Togo, your other option is public transportation. While there are buses and taxis to choose from in public transport, they don’t run as often as you may be used to in the United States. You may run into time restrictions when trying to get to work or school.
Roadways in Togo are paved so you should be able to drive on them without any issues. However, you can expect to see some cracking in the pavement as the roads adjust to the dry months out of the year. These cracks soon fill up with water as well as mud when it rains again. Keep your eyes on the roads and drive with care.
Exporting to Togo.
You will need to determine the best shipping method you will use when shipping to Togo. There is Roll-On/Roll-Off shipping method and container shipping. It’s up to you to determine which shipping method is right for you.
When shipping out of the United States, you will need to search for the right port. There are only a few ports in the United States that actually ship to Africa. You will also need to consider whether or not you will need transportation to the port in the United States with your vehicle. A1 Auto Transport service can assist you in handling your shipping needs. They will be careful and quick with every step. Call them for further assistance.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory