Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Sokodé is by far the second largest city in Togo and is the seat of the Central Region. It lies approximately 339 kilometers away from Lomé and is situated between the Mono and Mo Rivers. There is a lot to see and to do in the country but the public transportation is rather scarce.
With this in mind, having your own personal vehicle imported to Togo is quite beneficial. However, shipping to Togo maybe a bit difficult if you want to do this on your own as red tape and delays is a way of life. There are a lot of things that have to be handled alongside the importation. In fact, some of the laws and the regulations may not make any sense at all to you as a U.S citizen but you have to abide by all of them.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Things to Consider when Importing into Togo.
In order to legally import a vehicle from the USA to Togo, you need to take the following into consideration:
- Certain restrictions apply to second-hand, race-cars, vintage cars as well as inherited cars. If these are not followed, you might not be granted a permit for import.
- You have to get a letter of authority from the SABS – South African Bureau of Standards.
- Submit IE462 document.
- Proof of passport.
- Verify your employment period with visa/letter of employment.
- Vehicle’s registration copy.
- Bordereau de Suivi de Cargaison (BSC).
- Proof of residency in Togo.
- Non-Sale certificate.
- If you are here to study, you also have to provide proof for that.
Putting together all the documentation may take time and that is why it is best to start early. However, you can easily obtain it if you handle the matters carefully. Also, make sure to contact the Togo Customs Department in order to ensure that the requirements haven’t changed. There is 10.5% import duty based on the CIF value.
Public Transport Issues.
The public transport in the country is particularly scarce. There are means such as buses and taxis but they aren’t as well regulated as those in the USA. If you intend on traveling in the country regularly, relying on the public transport is not a good idea.
The roadways are all paved in the country so driving is not an issue. However, they also tend to crack a lot and get filled up with mud and water during the raining season which could make traveling a bit challenging and potentially dangerous so be careful.
Things to Consider Prior to Exporting.
Before you send your car to Togo, you have to be on the site of the day of the arrival, regardless of whether you chose RO/RO shipping or container shipping. Make sure that you select the most appropriate way to ship and that you’ve prepared all documentation.
There are only a few ports in the US which would export to Africa and you need to take this into consideration. The entire process has to be handled with great care. Keep all of your documents organized and prepared for the Customs authority. If you need more information, please call the Togo Embassy in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory