Do you want to Export your vehicle to Nepal from the United States?
Shipping A Car To Nepal.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- To ship a car from the United States to Nepal usually costs from $2,500 to $5,400, with extra costs for larger vehicles that don’t fit inside a shipping container.
- The price can fluctuate a bit due to the fact that Nepal is a landlocked country and a transport truck needs to also be arranged from the port to the destination point.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Nepal
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Kathmandu||$275||$2,600||5+39|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Kathmandu||$350||$2,900||5+38|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Kathmandu||$450||$2,900||5+38|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Kathmandu||$475||$2,900||6+38|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Kathmandu||$550||$2,900||6+38|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Kathmandu||$550||$2,600||5+39|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Kathmandu||$575||$2,600||6+39|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Kathmandu||$700||$2,600||6+39|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Kathmandu||$775||$2,900||7+38|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Kathmandu||$1,075||$2,600||7+39|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Importing a vehicle into a foreign country can be an overwhelming and complex process. However, if you make sure to do a little research and hire a reputable auto shipping company, you can save yourself a lot of stress in the long run.
Nepal Customs does not allow vehicles older than 5 years to be imported into the country. All vehicles coming into Nepal must also comply with the Nepal Vehicle Mass Emission Standard, 2056(1999). As with most countries, you can avoid paying customs duties and taxes if your vehicle will be in the country on a temporary basis, in this case, less than 6 months. It is imperative that you check the customs website prior to arranging to ship because the rules and regulations regarding car import policies are constantly changing.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Nepal
- Commercial Invoice- must show engine number, model information, and chassis number.
- Current Registration.
- Car Ownership Certificate.
- Bill of lading.
- Driver's license.
- Customs permit.
- Vehicle permit.
Upon reaching customs, you will be required to pay customs duties and taxes based on the CIF (Cost + Insurance + Freight) value of the vehicle. These fees vary, but they can be upwards of 140% of the CIF. There is also a Vehicle Added Tax (VAT) of 13% that will impose at this time as well.
Both privileged persons and foreign diplomats are excused from all customs duties and taxes, but they must provide adequate documentation of their status. In addition to these select persons, the only other way to avoid these fees is by importing the vehicle on a temporary basis.
Summarily, it is in your best interest to consult directly with the Nepal Customs department prior to making accommodations to ship your vehicle and make sure you enlist the help of a trustworthy car shipper.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Nepal
The quickest, most successful way to ship heavy equipment or oversized cargo to another nation is through a reliable and distinguished overseas transport company. Opportunely, A1 Auto Transport has been shipping all kinds of cargo nationally and internationally for over three decades. With our vast network in the industry, qualified shipping technicians, access to the best shipping haulers and equipment, use of modernized shipping technologies, and a strong understanding of most foreign import policies, we are certain we can ship your oversized cargo or heavy equipment to Nepal.
Here are some examples of oversized and heavy equipment we can ship to Nepal for you…
- Construction Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Hydraulic Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Large Trucks or Heavy Vehicles
- Pontoon Boats and Other Large Water Vessels
- Engineering Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment and more…
Regardless of what type of heavy equipment or cargo you intend to have delivered to Nepal, we will provide you with our state minimum insurance coverage. Since the free insurance we provide to our customers doesn’t cover the full value of your cargo, we offer additional insurance plans at small extra fees.
The Variety of Ways to Safely Ship Heavy & Large Cargo to Nepal
Reliant on the type of cargo you intend to ship to Nepal, there are several ways to go about having it safely transported overseas. When you call in to receive your free quote or to schedule your shipping process, we will inform you of all your options as according to the information you provide us with. Here is what we have to offer in international shipping options…
- Lift On/Lift Off is a common form of open air transport for inoperable vehicles, crated cargo and construction equipment. This service lifts your equipment using a crane to put it on and take it off of the vessel.
- Roll On/Roll Off is the cheapest way to deliver heavy equipment or oversized cargo internationally. This open air service requires your equipment or vehicle to drive on the ship as well as off the ship during the process of delivery.
- Flat Rack shipping is also a familiar form of open air international transport that secures your cargo to a large metal frame to prevent it from shifting during its delivery. If poor weather conditions are relevant, your cargo may be shielded with shrink wrap.
- Container shipping isn’t always an option for those with oversized cargo, unless it can fit into a 40ft container. This is the most expensive and secure form of shipping A1 has to offer.
Related Information & FAQs
- The cost of shipping a car to Nepal
- The perks of using an experienced auto transport company to ship your car to Nepal
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.