Patan is the third largest city in the country of Nepal right behind Kathmandu and Pokhara. The town has its location at the central part of the Valley of Kathmandu. It is also known as Manigal and it’s famous for the cultural heritage.
If you are to import a vehicle to Nepal, you must be aware that the process can be quite tedious. Nevertheless, if you do a bit of research or hire a shipping company that is reputable like A1 Auto Transport service, you are definitely going to be guided properly.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements for import.
The customs of Nepal do not allow cars that are older than 5 years old to enter Patan or any other city. You will need to ensure that the vehicles adhere to the stringent Nepal Vehicle Mass Emission Standard,1999. If you are looking for tax exemptions, you might be eligible only if the vehicle is only going to be temporarily imported. It is mandatory to check up the website of the customs prior to the shipping because the regulations are changing occasionally. The documents that you need include:
- Registration documents and title deed.
- Policy of insurance.
- Invoice of purchase with pertinent details on VIN, number on chassis/engine, the model and the number.
- Vehicle registration.
- Certificate of ownership.
Once you reach the customs you are going to have to pay certain custom expenses and duties which are based on Freight, Cost of vehicle and the Insurance paid on it. These expanses may change as per vehicle, but they can get as high as 140%. You would also have to consider the imposed 13%VAT. Privileged people and diplomats are exempt from custom taxes and levies, but they have to provide proof to avail the benefits. If you are getting the vehicle imported for a temporarily use which is less than six months, you will not be taxed.
Method and Cost of shipping.
It is better that your shipping service or you get the information about the laws from the Nepal Customs department directly before beginning the arrangements to ship. RORO is normally the most preferred method of shipping. It is easily accessed from the majority of shipping ports and it is the cheapest way to ship. You can transport your vehicle but you must make sure that it is emptied of all personal belonging as well as paperwork prior to driving it on the carrier ship. Container shipping is also widely used when people need to transfer their household goods along with the car. The car and the personal items are packed into a large container which is then placed on the carrier ship and transported overseas. You can contact the U.S. customs and they are going to present you with all the information required for exporting your vehicle.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?