Dharan is without a doubt amongst the major cities in the country of Nepal and it’s located in the Sunsari District. Being situated in the foothills of the Himalayas, the city is just north of the Terai region.
The truth is that the public transport could be a bit unreliable and the language barrier could get a bit overwhelming. With this in mind, if you are planning to relocate to the city or you are going to stay there for a while, having your own personal vehicle shipped from the USA is definitely highly advantageous.
Most of the people tend to believe that this is an incredibly complicated process and the truth is that it’s definitely not an easy one. However, working with a professional shipping agent such as the A1 Auto Transport service is most certainly going to ensure that it’s hassle-free. With over 20 years worth of shipping experience, we are capable of dealing with all of the situations that may arise. This is why you might want to give us a call if you are planning to ship your car to Nepal.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Things to consider when importing in Nepal.
As per the current regulations set forth by the Customs Department of Nepal, you would have to know that you aren’t allowed to import vehicles which are older than 5 years. What is more, every vehicle has to adhere to the Mass Emission Standard for Vehicle set in 1999. You can import the car without having to pay the required import duties and taxes if you are using the temporary import option for less than 6 months. In any case, the rules are definitely changing quite regularly and you might want to check with the Customs Department of Nepal in order to stay updated.
What is more, there are quite a lot of documents that you would need to submit right at the US port prior to the shipping process. These include:
- Invoice with information about the engine, model number, and chassis number.
- Invoice of purchase.
- Title deed and registration.
- Ownership proof.
- Insurance policy.
You should know that the customs in Nepal will levy a customs duty amounting to a certain percentage of the current market value of the car. There is also a 13% VAT on all of the imports and you have to pay that before receiving your vehicle. Of course, VIPs and diplomats are exempt from paying taxes and levies.
Benefits of using a transportation company.
- The proper equipment is ensured to carry out the process perfectly.
- Professional transportation companies will train their employees to help you out with any possible situation.
- The company will assist you throughout the shipping in full and it’s going to help you out in saving a much money as you can.
- Lots of companies also offer international insurance coverage for free.
Of course, you can also contact the Embassy of Nepal in Washington, D.C for any further information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory