Ship Your Car To Or From Kwekwe, Zimbabwe
The city of Kwekwe is located in the central part of Zimbabwe. It has an altitude of 4,000 feet above sea level and holds a great history that started with the gold mining. Today, Kwekwe hosts the National Mining Museum and remains the lead industrial center in the country.
Learn more about shipping a vehicle to Zimbabwe.
If you plan to move to Kwekwe in Zimbabwe for work or attend school there, you may want to consider bringing your own vehicle with you shortly after arriving. Importing has a few rules and regulations that you must follow in order to transport successfully. Not following the rules and regulations could mean delays in your import or your vehicle will be sent back to the United States. To avoid these possibilities, you may want to hire services from A-1 Auto Transport Service. There are no open ports in Zimbabwe which means that you will need to ship your vehicle to Beira in Mozambique. Our shipping agent will be able to assist you in directing your vehicle to the right location.
Key Import Regulations
According to laws under Zimbabwe Revenue Authority you will need to have Form 47 filled out and that is known as ZIMRA Custom Declaration Form. It has all of the information needed about the vehicle that is being imported. Additionally, there are important considerations that you need to take care of and that includes vehicles coming into the country should only be right handed driven vehicles. You can expect to pay taxes and duties required in order to complete your transit. The current taxes are determined by the following:
- 40% fixed custom duty based on your vehicle value
- 25% surcharge, if you are importing a vehicle that is more than five years
- Zimbabwe does not require an emissions test in order to make your vehicle road worthy
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documentation to Be Submitted
You will first need to gather up the necessary documents that will be required throughout the process from the port of export in the United States, your shipping service you hire, the ship your vehicle is transported on, to the port of entry. You will want to make several copies of the following documents:
- Import permit
- Driving license
- Title to your vehicle
- Letter of Authority issued from SABS
- ZIMRA Custom Declaration Form
- Proof of insurance
- Owner’s Passport
Affordable Methods of Shipping
While air shipping is usually the fastest way to import your vehicle, you may be looking for a less expensive alternative. Roll On/Roll-Off or RORO is also an option. With RORO, your vehicle will need to be prepared in order to meet specifications in order to board the ship otherwise it will be delayed. Container shipping is another way to ship your vehicle. Although this method is more expensive than Roll-On/ Roll Off, it does allow you to ship your personal and household items inside the vehicle and the container at one time.
Your vehicle must be to pass through customs in order to make it to Zimbabwe. Without the clearance, you will need to pay for it to be reshipped. You can avoid that by hiring A1 Auto Transport Service and familiarizing yourself with the rules and regulations by the Embassy of the Republic of Zimbabwe.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory