Vehicle Shipping to Zimbabwe from the United States
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Car shipping costs from the U.S. to Zimbabwe usually range from $3,400 to $6,700.
- Because it is a landlocked country with no ports, shipping costs to the country are slightly higher than others in the region.
Zimbabwe is a landlocked country in Southern Africa. It is an arduous task trying to get a vehicle shipped to the country considering that Southern Africa forbids vehicles newer than 25 years old to be shipped into Zimbabwe. Nonetheless, if vehicle shipping is something to consider, it will prove to be beneficial to anyone going to reside in the country for a while.
Zimbabwe isn’t known to have efficient means of local travel. Roadways are in poor condition and public transit is scarce. If at all possible, having a personal vehicle shipped will make for easier travel within the country.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping methods in regards to vehicle importation include air and sea when exporting from the United States. While Zimbabwe is a landlocked country, there are nearby ports that the vehicle can be shipped to. Just make sure that as the owner of the vehicle, a ride to the port is arranged ahead of time so that when the vehicle finally arrives, it is able to be retrieved.
The least popular method of vehicle shipping is by air. Air shipping is extremely costly and many people are unable to afford such importation. Regardless, it is an option that can be considered.
Container shipping is quite favorable and allows for other property to be shipped along with the vehicle. The vehicle can be filled with belongings and so can the rest of the container. Containers can be shared between people and this will help reduce the costs.
The roll on, roll off method of shipping will require the vehicle to be empty with the exception of floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire. This is the cheapest method of importation, yet it doesn’t allow for other belongings to be shipped.
More than likely, the vehicle will be shipped to the Port of Durban. This is Southern Africa’s largest port. Make sure that a ride to the port is arranged at the time of arrival and that all duties and taxes are paid.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Zimbabwe
- Vehicle title
- Import document (if owned for less than 6 months)
- Registration certificate
- Bill of lading
- Change of residence certificate
- Purchase invoice
- Proof of insurance
Other documentation needed includes a Letter of Authority, an Import Permit, and a Customs Release Notification form. These can be obtained through SABS. If there are any further questions or concerns, contact the South African Embassy located in the United States.
Without all of the necessary documentation and duty and taxes paid, importation into South Africa will not be permitted. It is crucial that all facets are addressed and that all proper documentation required, is presented to Customs.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?