Vehicle Shipping to Zimbabwe from the United States
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Car shipping costs from the U.S. to Zimbabwe usually range from $3,400 to $6,700.
- Because it is a landlocked country with no ports, shipping costs to the country are slightly higher than others in the region.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Zimbabwe
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Harare||$200||$5,900||5+43|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Harare||$400||$5,000||5+35|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Harare||$450||$5,900||5+43|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Harare||$475||$5,900||6+43|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Harare||$550||$5,900||6+43|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Harare||$550||$5,000||5+35|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Harare||$575||$5,000||6+35|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Harare||$675||$5,000||6+35|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Harare||$775||$5,900||7+43|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Harare||$1,075||$5,000||7+35|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Zimbabwe is a landlocked country in Southern Africa. It is an arduous task trying to get a vehicle shipped to the country considering that Southern Africa forbids vehicles newer than 25 years old to be shipped into Zimbabwe. Nonetheless, if vehicle shipping is something to consider, it will prove to be beneficial to anyone going to reside in the country for a while.
Zimbabwe isn't known to have efficient means of local travel. Roadways are in poor condition and public transit is scarce. If at all possible, having a personal vehicle shipped will make for easier travel within the country.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Shipping methods in regards to vehicle importation include air and sea when exporting from the United States. While Zimbabwe is a landlocked country, there are nearby ports that the vehicle can be shipped to. Just make sure that as the owner of the vehicle, a ride to the port is arranged ahead of time so that when the vehicle finally arrives, it is able to be retrieved.
The least popular method of vehicle shipping is by air. Air shipping is extremely costly and many people are unable to afford such importation. Regardless, it is an option that can be considered.
Container shipping is quite favorable and allows for other property to be shipped along with the vehicle. The vehicle can be filled with belongings and so can the rest of the container. Containers can be shared between people and this will help reduce the costs.
The roll on, roll off method of shipping will require the vehicle to be empty with the exception of floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire. This is the cheapest method of importation, yet it doesn't allow for other belongings to be shipped.
More than likely, the vehicle will be shipped to the Port of Durban. This is Southern Africa's largest port. Make sure that a ride to the port is arranged at the time of arrival and that all duties and taxes are paid.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Zimbabwe
- Vehicle title
- Import document (if owned for less than 6 months)
- Registration certificate
- Bill of lading
- Change of residence certificate
- Purchase invoice
- Proof of insurance
Other documentation needed includes a Letter of Authority, an Import Permit, and a Customs Release Notification form. These can be obtained through SABS. If there are any further questions or concerns, contact the South African Embassy located in the United States.
Without all of the necessary documentation and duty and taxes paid, importation into South Africa will not be permitted. It is crucial that all facets are addressed and that all proper documentation required, is presented to Customs.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Zimbabwe
When you need to transport large, oversized or heavy equipment to another nation such as Zimbabwe, check out the services offered by A1 Auto Transport. Our international heavy equipment shipping services are available to those looking to ship nearly any type of equipment, vehicle or piece of machinery. There’s not much we can’t ship and not many countries we have yet to ship to. So when it comes to transporting your oversized cargo from the U.S. to Zimbabwe, we can certainly be of assistance.
Types of Heavy Equipment We Can Transport Internationally
Some of the heavy equipment we have experience shipping outside of the U.S. includes but isn’t limited to...
- Tractors, combines & other farm equipment
- Backhoes and excavators
- RVs and motorhomes
- Industrial equipment
- Dump trucks
- Hydraulic equipment
- Pile drivers
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles
- Engineering equipment
- Agricultural equipment & machinery
The shipping services for heavy equipment are slightly higher since there are more risks involved with its delivery due to its larger size and weight. To see if your cargo is considered as oversized or heavy equipment, simply give us a call.
Methods of International Transport for Heavy Equipment
The methods of international transport for oversized and heavy equipment available to you through A1 will depend on the type of heavy equipment you’d like to have shipped to Zimbabwe. We will certainly help you make a decision as to what method is best for your future transport, however here is some information regarding the shipping services we have available…
- The Lift On/Lift Off method of transport is a reasonably priced shipping service that requires the help of a crane. We will carefully secure your large inoperable vehicle or crated heavy equipment before allowing the crane to lift it onto or off of the boat.
- The Roll On/Roll Off shipping method, also known as RoRo is the least expensive shipping service we offer. This is an open air shipping service that requires your vehicle to be operable. The large equipment will need to drive onto and off of the boat using a ramp.
- The Flat Rack shipping method is offered to those with the desire for the utmost security. With this shipping method, your cargo is secured to an open rack or metal frame. It is then carefully placed on top of the water vessel.
- Container shipping is perhaps the most expensive yet it isn’t available to all those looking for overseas heavy equipment shipping services. If your cargo can fit inside of a 40ft shipping container despite its heavier weight, than you may be eligible for this service.
Related Information & FAQs
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇿🇼 Zimbabwe, (ZW)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
🇿🇼 Zimbabwe, (ZW)
Car International FAQ
🇿🇼 Zimbabwe, (ZW)
🇿🇼 Zimbabwe, (ZW)
🇿🇼 Zimbabwe, (ZW)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoCar Shipping To Or From Port Of San JuanLexingtonShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To Afghanistan
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September