Situated in Shire Highlands, Zomba is the administrative hub of the Zomba district. It is the capital of the first British Central Africa, before it officially becomes Republic of Malawi in 1964. Bordered by Mozambique, Tanzania and Zambia, the country is known for safari animals and panoramic beauty. Whether you are on a long visit or relocating to Zomba, it is easier to have your own vehicle to travel quickly in and around the city. However, most of the roads are unpaved, but it is advised that the U.S. citizens need to be cautious due to low adherence to traffic rules. It will lower the travel expenses for local travel.
Before you ship your vehicle, there are forms to submit, permits to be allocated and that is why it helps to work with an experienced company like A1 Auto Transport service. We have shipped innumerable vehicles to different countries in Africa, including Malawi.
Ship to Malawi.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
It is not difficult to ship to Malawi but there are not many restrictions or standard paperwork that is needed. You can contact the Embassy of Malawi to know more about legal import f vehicles. However some of the rules include:
- You need to own the vehicle for 1 year minimum.
- You can only import 1 vehicle per family.
- Certificate of Registration.
- Proof of vehicle purchase.
- Ownership proof.
- Vehicle cannot exceed the value of 500 kwacha.
It is important that you are present when the vehicle arrives in Zomba. As Malawi is a landlocked country, the vehicle is shipped to Port of Quelimane in Mozambique, and then it is driven to Zomba. However, when you decide to ship your vehicle, you will need to decide between shipping with Roll-on/Roll-Off and Container shipping.
It is easy on your pocket when you ship with RORO as the vehicle is not enclosed, but is driven on and off the ship. You only have to pay for the cost incurred for using the parking bay. However, as the vehicle is secured on the deck, there are restrictions on keeping your personal items. You are only allowed to store a spare tire, car jack and ensure that the vehicle delivery is not delayed, steam clean the vehicle.
When it is about shipping an expensive vehicle, container shipping is a better bet. You can not only ship your vehicle in a container of 20 feet or 40 feet, but are allowed to keep your household goods and other personal belongings in the container. Then it is sealed for transit.
If you cannot be there on the day of delivery of the vehicle, you can talk with A1 Auto Transport service and one of our representatives will be there to complete the Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA) requirements including payment of import duties.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?