What are the Tips and Advice for Shipping a Car from Miami to Honduras?
By sea, the distance from Miami to Honduras isn’t nearly as long as the distance between the two places if traveling by land. This is one logical reason to hire a reputable overseas auto transporter in the City of Miami.
If you’re intimidated by the process of shipping, take in as much advice and information as possible before making any hasty decisions. Shipping your car to Honduras is a matter that you don’t want to treat lightly.
Some Helpful Information.
- Aside from hiring the right transporter, preparing for the shipping process is equally as important.
- Keeping a checklist of everything will help you stay on task to make sure time restrictions are met.
- Specific documentation and certificates are needed to prove compliance with the import laws of Honduras. Provide the various types of proof to the Customs office and as long as you gave them everything asked for, they’ll award a certificate of import approval for your car.
- Not only is your transport service familiar with foreign import laws, but the Embassy of Honduras offers the most factual and up to date information.
- Pay all duties and tariffs. The embassy can provide details in regards to import costs for the country too. Ask for the exact percentage rates for each duty and tax relevant to your circumstances and vehicle type.
- RO/RO transport is the cheapest shipping service available and probably the most reasonable option for anyone shipping a car to Honduras from Miami.
- Clean the car out and get it in its best condition before its delivery into another nation. Take pictures and document any existing damages. Check all fluids in the car and fill them. The only fluid that should read less than a quarter of a tank full is the fuel.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.