Do you want to ship your vehicle to Honduras from the USA?
Shipping A Car To Honduras
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- To ship a car to Honduras from the U.S. in a shipping container, costs start at $1,500 and go as high as $3,000.
- For larger vehicles that don’t fit in a standard shipping container, it can cost slight more since it will have to be transported using a different method like roll on, roll off (RORO) shipping.
Transporting a vehicle internationally can initially seem overwhelming, but with the right tools and information, it can be a very smooth process.
Honduras is a very diverse country, and boasts 6 ports and harbors. The three most utilized ports are the Port of San Lorenzo, Port of Puerto Castillo, and Port of Puerto Cortes because they all offer container liner service.
Puerto Cortes is the main seaport for the country of Honduras due to its central location and accessibility, as it is situated just 48 hours by sea from Miami, FL. This port is so popular that even cruise ships dock here periodically.
Restrictions on shipping vehicles to Honduras
It is important to note that Honduras law does not allow the import of motor vehicles over 10 years old or passenger buses over 13 years old. However, an exception can be made for classic collectible cars.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Honduras
- National taxation registry number (RTN)
- Bill of lading (provided by the shipping company)
- Original commercial invoice
- Property title of the vehicle
- Copy of passport
- Original title
- National tax registration (RTN)
Steps to shipping vehicle to Honduras from the USA
- Obtain shipping quote from reputable auto transport company (make sure to have pertinent vehicle information ready, such as make, model, and year, insurance, and value, as well as pick-up location and destination).
- Be aware that taxes and duties will be payable when the vehicle is delivered to Honduras. These numbers are calculated based on freight, value, and insurance, but check with the local customs agency in order to get an idea of what to expect.
- Plan in advance because any rush will not only cause you unnecessary stress, but could also be costly and leave more room for mistakes.
The more prepared you are, the easier this process will be. Shipping your vehicle from the USA to Honduras does not have to be a negative experience.
Call Us Today 1-800-452-2880 Or Fill Out The Form On The Upper Right Hand Side Of The Page For A FREE Quote
Related Information & FAQs
- Reasons to ship a car from the US to Honduras
- Steps for safely shipping a vehicle to Honduras
- What is the best way to ship my car to Honduras?
- Understand the restrictions of the import policy before shipping a car to Honduras from the US
- Tips and advice for shipping a car from Miami to Honduras
- Information for customers interested in the container shipping method to get a vehicle to Honduras
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!