- Car Shipping Honduras
- Ship Your Car To Or From Honduras
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Honduras
- Popular Destinations
- Restrictions On Shipping Vehicles To Honduras
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Honduras
- Steps To Shipping Vehicle To Honduras From The Usa
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Honduras
- The Shipping Options We Have Available At A1
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Honduras
Ship Your Car To Or From Honduras
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- To ship a car to Honduras from the U.S. in a shipping container, costs start at $1,500 and go as high as $3,000.
- For larger vehicles that don’t fit in a standard shipping container, it can cost slight more since it will have to be transported using a different method like roll on, roll off (RORO) shipping.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Honduras
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to San Lorenzo||$1,025||$3,200||7+12|
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to San Lorenzo||$200||$3,200||5+12|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Puerto Cortes||$400||$2,700||5+16|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to San Lorenzo||$475||$3,200||6+12|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to San Lorenzo||$550||$3,200||6+12|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Puerto Cortes||$575||$2,700||6+16|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Puerto Cortes||$675||$2,700||6+16|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to San Lorenzo||$775||$3,200||7+12|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Puerto Cortes||$800||$2,700||6+16|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Puerto Cortes||$925||$2,700||7+16|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Transporting a vehicle internationally can initially seem overwhelming, but with the right tools and information, it can be a very smooth process.
Honduras is a very diverse country and boasts 6 ports and harbors. The three most utilized ports are the Port of San Lorenzo, Port of Puerto Castillo, and Port of Puerto Cortes because they all offer container liner service.
Puerto Cortes is the main seaport for the country of Honduras due to its central location and accessibility, as it is situated just 48 hours by sea from Miami, FL. This port is so popular that even cruise ships dock here periodically.
- Ciudad Choluteca
- El Progreso
- La Ceiba
- La Lima
- Puerto Cortes
- San Pedro Sula
Restrictions on Shipping Vehicles to Honduras
It is important to note that Honduras law does not allow the import of motor vehicles over 10 years old or passenger buses over 13 years old. However, an exception can be made for classic collectible cars.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Honduras
- National taxation registry number (RTN)
- Bill of lading (provided by the shipping company)
- Original commercial invoice.
- Property title of the vehicle.
- Copy of passport.
- Original title.
- National tax registration (RTN)
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Steps to Shipping Vehicle to Honduras from the USA
- Obtain shipping quote from reputable auto transport company (make sure to have pertinent vehicle information ready, such as make, model, and year, insurance, and value, as well as pick-up location and destination).
- Be aware that taxes and duties will be payable when the vehicle is delivered to Honduras. These numbers are calculated based on freight, value, and insurance, but check with the local customs agency in order to get an idea of what to expect.
- Plan in advance because any rush will not only cause you unnecessary stress, but could also be costly and leave more room for mistakes.
The more prepared you are, the easier this process will be. Shipping your vehicle from the USA to Honduras does not have to be a negative experience.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Honduras
As an individual without the proper transport equipment and technology, it is nearly impossible to get heavy equipment and oversized cargo shipped to another nation such as Honduras. Internationally shipping cargo also takes a great deal of knowledge regarding foreign import policies. Fortunately, A1 Auto Transport has what it takes to carry out a successful overseas delivery at an affordable rate.
At A1, we consider any cargo that cannot fit into a 40ft shipping container as over-sized. However, if your cargo fits into a shipping container yet exceeds our set weight limit, it may be considered heavy equipment. Here is a brief list of the heavy equipment and oversized cargo we’re able to have shipped overseas...
- Tractors, combines & other farm equipment
- Backhoes and excavators
- Pontoon boats & large yachts
- Industrial equipment
- Bulldozers, dump trucks and forklifts
- Hydraulic equipment
- Oversized engines
- Ming equipment
- Paving equipment
- Pile drivers
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles
- Engineering & agricultural equipment
The Shipping Options We Have Available at A1
The transport methods you have available to you are determined after you provide our representatives with some information about your cargo. However, there are a total of four overseas transport methods offered through A1. Our professionals will give you their greatest suggestions to help you pick the best method of transport for your cargo’s delivery to Honduras. Before you call in, we’d like to provide you with a little more information about each of our services...
- LoLo Shipping or Lift On/Lift Off- A crane is used to safely lift your cargo onto the ship. Once the cargo reaches port in or nearest to Honduras, it will be lifted off the ship with a crane. This open air shipping service is suggested to those with non-op vehicles and crated heavy equipment.
- RoRo Shipping or Roll On/Roll Off- This open air shipping method is the cheapest option we have available. With this shipping method your large vehicle or heavy equipment must drive onto and off of the boat with the help of a ramp.
- Container Shipping- This shipping service is a little more expensive yet it isn’t available to all those shipping heavy equipment. If your equipment fits into the container, then it’s likely you’re able to use this transport method. This enclosed service provides the greatest amount of protection.
- Flat Rack Shipping- This shipping method uses a metal frame to secure your cargo so that it doesn’t shift during its delivery process. Depending on the weather conditions, your cargo may be wrapped and protected by shrink wrap since this is another open air service.
Related Information & FAQs
- Reasons to ship a car from the US to Honduras
- What is the best way to ship my car to Honduras?
- Understand the restrictions of the import policy before shipping a car to Honduras from the US
- Tips and advice for shipping a car from Miami to Honduras
- Information for customers interested in the container shipping method to get a vehicle to Honduras