Ciudad Choluteca is the capital city and a municipality of the Honduras department. Considered one of the major centers of trade and commerce, Choluteca is located between Nicaragua and El Salvador in southern Honduras.
It is relatively easy to ship a car to Ciudad Choluteca if you follow the regulations which concern the importation to Honduras and pay the necessary taxes. The country has a fairly wet and dry climate and the raining season is from May through October and it’s usually raining every day in September. There are also a lot of hurricanes which flood the roads throughout the wet season and it’s overly recommended that you consider shipping your car outside of this time of the year. Driving is usually convenient as the majority of roadways, including the rural ones, are in great shape.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparing the Process.
The first thing that you’d need to do is to contact A1 Transport service that has relevant experience of shipping vehicles to Honduras. The company is going to handle all of the details from the initial price quote to the scheduling for the pick-up and the delivery. You will also have to provide some basic information to said company like your social security number, motor vehicle title and driving license. You will also have to provide a signed Power of Attorney if you aren’t there to pick up your car. The A1 Auto Transport representative is going to explain the different shipping methods and you are going to be provided with all the details that you need to know regarding the cleaning of the interior and the exterior, the removal of any kinds of personal items from the car and making sure that the modifications are through if they are required. You are also required to make sure that the car battery is full, you have no more than ¼ fuel tank of gas and this is going to ensure that the car is going to be ready for driving right when it’s delivered. Make sure to disable the alarm if you have one and provide a spare key.
Methods of Shipping.
You can generally choose between two types of vehicular transportations which are:
- Enclosed Transport – this is going to involve you shipping your car in a private container which is an excellent choice if you have a more expensive vehicle or you need to ship additional items with your car. You would have to undergo a vehicular inspection prior to the process but the shipping method ensures the ultimate safety of your vehicle.
- RORO Transport – this is going to require you to drive your vehicle on its own wheels on a shipping deck of a freight ship where it would be fastened and transported as it is. This is the fastest and cheapest way to go but it’s also going to leave your car exposed to the elements and you won’t be able to ship other belongings.
You are going to have to abide by the regulations set forth by the foreign authorities. You have to pay the import taxes which are based on the total value of your car. These are 3.4% for cars and 10.2% for trucks. There is also a 12% general tax for cars and new motor vehicles have a 10% consumption tax.
Honduras doesn’t impose a lot of restrictions but there are some, the largest one of which is on the age of your car. It has to be maximum 7 years old at the time of import unless it’s classified as a classic or a collectible. The car must be with a left-hand driving system. You would also have to provide the customs with the following paperwork:
- Bill of Lading.
- Vehicle Title.
- Taxation Registry.
- Original Receipt of Sales.
Once the paperwork is checked out you would be granted clearance. You can contact the Embassy of Honduras in Washington, DC for any further details.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory