Experienced international shipping services are the only way to successfully import a vehicle into an overseas country. The car must travel aboard a ship. The right equipment must be used to keep the vehicle secure as it makes its way towards the southwestern part of South America to be delivered in Chile.
The best way to ship a car overseas is through container shipping methods. This offers the most protection and lets the customer bring other belongings.
Knowledge of foreign import laws is helpful and any reputable transporter will have plenty of familiarities complying with another country’s regulations for motor vehicles. Chile actually forbids the entry of vehicles unless they are imported by a returning citizen of the country who spent a year or more abroad. Otherwise, getting a vehicle into the country is difficult and you’ll find the assistance of your transporter helpful. Contact the Embassy of Chile to find out exactly what the laws for vehicle import are before you book your transport date with someone.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What are the Country’s Import Duty and Tariff Rates?
Don’t forget that the shipping service costs aren’t the only cost associated with the overseas transport from the U.S. to Chile. Before the car is even permitted into the country, pay all taxes in full. Show proof of payment along with any other documents to the Customs office to obtain the certificate of import approval is your car meets all criteria listed in the policy.
- All new vehicles coming from a non-treaty party have a 6% tariff based off of the CIF.
- 19% VAT based on the CIF value and amount of duty.
- Emissions tax based on mpg city levels, nitrogen oxide emissions, and the car’s selling price.
The Price for Extra Protection and Space.
Container shipping services tend to cost more than open air shipping services due to the extra space and security provided to the customer. This shipping method is also accepted by all seaports whereas open air methods aren’t always. Although it is certain that container transport costs more than alternative shipping services, it keeps the car safe from outdoor elements while out at seas. It also lets the customer fill the vehicle and the remaining space in the container with belongings.
The only way to find out exactly what container services will cost to ship your car to Chile is after providing information to the transport company. By answering certain questions such as what type of vehicle is being shipped and where it is shipping from and to, the transporter is able to give you a more accurate estimate. Usually, container shipping services cost anywhere from $1500 to $5000.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory