Ship Your Car To Or From Chile.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- To ship a car to Chile from the United States will usually cost between $1,800 to $3,300, in addition to import taxes and marine insurance.
- The most cost-effective way to ship a car to the area is aboard a ship inside a transport container. For further savings, these containers can be split among parties to reduce the individual shipping costs.
Top Chilean Shipping Destinations.
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Chile.
Chile is a country that is economically speaking, one of the most prosperous in South America, owing in part to its democratic and free system of government, and also to its geographically ideal positioning. Even though it is not wider than 200 miles at any point in the country, its coastline stretches for more than 2,700 miles bordering the Pacific Ocean, and this allows for many port cities that encourage world commerce.
A few of these ports are Arica, San Antonio, and Valparaiso, and they receive goods from most ports in the United States, so chances are wherever you’re located in the U.S. the port nearest you can ship vehicles to Chile. Depending on your location and the destination port in Chile, the ocean-going travel time is likely to take between two and three weeks.
Many of the details and requirements of international shipping/exporting will be handled by the transport company you contract with, but before all that happens you’ll need to decide on a few basics of the process. For instance, the price you are quoted will have several factors to it, one of which is how the vehicle will get to the departure point from the U.S. If you drive it to the port city yourself, it will be cheaper of course, but many transport companies will offer door-to-terminal service for which you will be billed.
Another important element of overall cost is the method by which your vehicle will be shipped/imported. It could be shipped/exported in its own container and lifted on and off the ship in port, or it could be transported by the Roll-on/Roll-off (RORO) method, which basically calls for it to be driven on and off the ship by making use of a ramp. RORO is usually significantly cheaper, but if you have an expensive vehicle, you may want the greater protection offered by container shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
General Information About Shipping To Chile
Even though many of the details of international shipping/importing will be handled by your transport company, you will need to prepare some paperwork yourself. You’ll need to have the year, make, and model of the vehicle documented as well as its VIN number, which is the unique serial number it was given at manufacture time. Along with this, you’ll need its bill of sale, original title, and your driver’s license and passport. These are needed to clear customs inspections at both ends of the journey.
You must be able to prove that your vehicle is eligible to be shipped internationally, which means if there is a lien of any kind on the vehicle, you must have written authorization from the lienholder stating their agreement. To check the exact requirements in this area, you should consult the Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, which refers specifically to these requirements.
Prior to shipping, a certificate must be filed with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency. The legal requirement is to file within 72 hours of departure, but you will not want to cut things that close – it is highly advisable that you file long before that time, in case anything holds up processing. You will need this certificate in hand to clear U.S. customs at the departure port.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Chile.
- Original purchase invoice.
- Bill of lading.
- Proof of ownership.
- Vehicle identification certificate.
- International Police Certificate.
- Cost certificate & tax receipt.
- Valid passport.
International Shipping Costs.
Your transport company will be able to provide you with an accurate quote once the following are known: the delivery to a port method, the shipping method, the dimensions, make, and model of your car, and cost of insurance and any taxes imposed by either country’s Customs agents.
Related Information & FAQs.
- Allow professionals to handle the shipping process from the USA to Chile?
- Is shipping a car from California to Chile possible?
- The cost of shipping a car to Chile using the container shipping method
- Shipping an RV to Chile
- What are the restrictions for import before I try to ship a car from the USA to Chile?
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory