A city and commune, Temuco is the capital of Cautin Province and Araucania Region in the southern part of Chile. It is 416 miles away from Santiago and is situated in the main part of the Araucania region. If you plan to move to Temuco and need to ship your vehicle, you will want to hire a professional transporter to ship your vehicle for you. When you work with A1 Auto Transport, we will assign an agent that will work with you to get your vehicle to Chile without delays. The agent will assist you in determining the cost of the import and what documents you will need to have ready and where they will go. Some documents that will be required include:
If you plan to move to Temuco and need to ship your vehicle, you will want to hire a professional transporter to ship your vehicle for you. When you work with A1 Auto Transport, we will assign an agent that will work with you to get your vehicle to Chile without delays. The agent will assist you in determining the cost of the import and what documents you will need to have ready and where they will go. Some documents that will be required include:
- Driver’s license.
- Social Security Card.
- Vehicle Title.
- Vehicle Registration.
- Vehicle Insurance.
- Power of Attorney form that is signed.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations and documentation for vehicle import.
International shipping insurance for vehicles will normally be added into the cost of shipping but you need to ask to make sure that it is. In some cases, you may need to purchase it individually and can discuss it with A1 Auto Transport service. Your vehicle will need to be prepared for customs. Chile Customs Authority will require a list of documents in order to clear your vehicle at the checkpoint. In addition to the list above, they will also require that you have:
- Original Bill of Lading.
- Declaration if you are importing a used vehicle which lists the value of the vehicle and any technical items that are on the vehicle.
- Certificate of Title.
- Proof of insurance.
Important Regulations in Temuco.
If you already have a place in Temuco, you can transport your vehicle directly to your new home but you will need to know the physical address and be available or have someone available when it clears customs. If you are returning to Chile, you will need to follow some guidelines as well, for example if you are returning after being out of the country for over a year, you can import a new or used vehicle but you will need to pay taxes and duties. The taxes are determined by the weight of the vehicle. The vehicle description should be on the Bill of Lading. You will pay at least 6% duty and 19% Cost, Insurance, and Freight, or CIF.
Ways to Ship.
Once you have decided on a date to ship, you will need to determine what method of shipping you will use. There are a few that you can choose from. Temuco is a sea port so you will most likely use one of the two methods to ship your vehicle here:
- Roll On/Roll-Off or RORO is a sea freight option. In order to use this method, your vehicle will need to be cleaned out and loaded or rolled onto the deck of a cargo ship at the United States shipping port. It will travel through the waters to Temuco. Once the vehicle is at Temuco, it will be inspected by the Chile Customs Officials.
- Container shipping is another option. Your vehicle is still on a cargo ship but it will be placed inside a container instead. You can also add personal items to the container and ship everything at once. The inventory is essential as all aspects of the container will be inspected at the port.
- International air shipping is an option that will import your vehicle quickly. Your vehicle will be flown from the port in the United States to the Cerro Moreno International Airport where it will go through customs.
It’s important to factor in the cost of the shipping when you are determining your importing details. The weight of your vehicle will be the determining factor of cost for any shipping method you choose. Thus, get a free quote that lists all the associated fees and taxes apart from shipping and handling charges so you are clear about the total cost of the vehicle relocation to Chile.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory