Situated in the Marowijne district, Moengo is a large town that is located close to towns of Albina and Paramaribo. In the past, the city was a major hub for mining. With plenty of reasons to move to Suriname, you might miss the convenience and quick access to local transportation.
However, when you import your vehicle from USA, the ease and accessibility in and around Moengo can be comforting.
However, when you are trying put everything together, don’t forget that shipping on your own can be difficult and that is why it becomes important to hire the services of A1 Auto Transport service. There are many documents to submit to validate the move, import duties and fees to pay apart from getting permits and inspections before the vehicle can be shipped out of USA or enter Suriname. As the weather is mainly tropical, your vehicle might need higher maintenance so consider that factor.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Paperwork for import.
Documentation is an important part of the process that ensures legality to the import. These are just a few of the documents that have to be submitted to Suriname Customs Department:
- Social Security Card.
- Passport and valid driver’s license.
- Title deed and registration documents.
- Insurance policy.
- Power of Attorney (if applicable)
Apart from helping you through customs, we also provide ‘door to door’ services if you are unable to drop the vehicle off at the port in US or need the vehicle picked from the port in Suriname.
Auto regulations in Suriname.
It is important to be prepared in advance so that there are no delays for clearance at the Suriname Customs or at the port. However, key considerations as per the current import law include:
- No vehicle over 5 years of age can be imported.
- Vehicles costing $25,000 or higher are taxed at minimum 40% of CIF.
- Annual taxes are applicable based on the weight of the vehicle.
- Vehicle can be imported if you own it for at least six months in USA.
- As per the Suriname’s Road Traffic Act, drivers need to have a valid International Driving license.
- Entry document is needed to clear Customs.
However, to avail the Entry document, your passport, driving license, Suriname’s car insurance and shipping verifications documents, evaluation documents and car registry have to be submitted. To know the total cost of the shipping, you will need to tell your shipping agent about the method of shipping that you prefer- RORO or container shipping as the alternate method of air shipping is prohibitively expensive. Roll-on/Roll-Off is the cheapest while container shipping offers higher protection.
To understand the changes in import laws or if you have queries about the shipment of your vehicle, it is best to discuss it at the Embassy of Suriname in Washington, DC.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory