Shipping A Car To Suriname
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Car shipping prices to Suriname from the U.S. can vary somewhat widely, but the cost for most vehicles transported to the area is between $1,200 and $4,000.
- Larger vehicles or those that are shipped from the western United States tend to cost slightly more.
When making arrangements to export a vehicle to Suriname one needs to take into consideration all compliances concerning shipping internationally. You will have documents that will be required and paperwork that will need filling out, as well as fees that will have to be paid prior to shipping.
You should pay particular attention to the weather patterns in Suriname. Suriname has rain during most months of the year, with May through July being the wettest months, and roadways can wash out easily and make travel very difficult for drivers. It is also a very hot climate which means you will need to ensure your vehicle is checked often for fluids leaking or hoses busting due to the temperatures.
Popular Shipping Destinations
When you speak to the agent at the auto transport company they will go over the required documents and paperwork that you will need to provide to them before you can ship your vehicle internationally. Unlike transporting a vehicle from one state to another in the U.S., you will have much more to have to fill out and provide for services.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Suriname
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Title of Vehicle
- Vehicle Insurance
- Power of Attorney Affidavit
- Bill of lading
They will explain to you any other documents they may need as well as provide you with the paperwork they will need filled out. If you’ll need your vehicle picked up and delivered to the exit port or picked up and delivered when it arrives in Suriname, they will assist you with scheduling that service as well. Your agent will explain to you anything that will need done to the car to prepare it for shipping overseas. Depending on the type of shipping you opt for, you may have to have your vehicle steam cleaned and remove all personal items from the inside.
Customs in Suriname will also require specific documents to be provided for clearance into the country and making sure that you have everything necessary will save time during the clearance checkpoints when the vehicle arrives. Suriname will not allow vehicles older than five years to be imported. Individuals may apply for an exemption on this policy through the Ministry of Trade and Labor, although an exemption is not always guaranteed to be approved. If your vehicle is valued at $25,000 or more, you will be required to pay taxes in the amount of no less than 40% of the cost, insurance and freight (CIF) as well as the vehicle value. You will also be required to pay annual taxes that are based on the weight of the vehicle. The Road Traffic Act of Suriname requires all drivers to possess a valid International Driving License.
In order for your vehicle to make it through being cleared with Customs they will have to draw up an Entry document and you will need to have the following documents:
- Driver’s License
- Proxy to secure clearance will be required
- Motor Vehicle Insurance that is valid in Suriname
- Shipping Verification Documents
- Registration that shows you have owned the vehicle for 6 months or longer
- Appraisal showing the total vehicle value or a bill of sale if the vehicle is new
For further information on documents you may need when shipping to Suriname you can contact the U.S Customs and Border Protection Agency or the Suriname Embassy in Washington, DC and they can direct you to information that you may need. Before you ship your vehicle make sure that the auto transport agent gives you detail on all cost for shipping as well as for pick-up and delivery. You will want to have a total quote from the shipper before the vehicle is loaded at the port.
The best ways to ship your vehicle to Suriname are RoRo Shipping where your vehicle is driven onto the freight ship and secured in place for the international voyage. RoRo Shipping is the fast and least expensive way to ship a vehicle overseas. For those who need to ship personal belongings with their vehicle Container Shipping is the best way to ship overseas. Your vehicle as well as any personal items that you have will be loaded into a container and then loaded onto a freight ship for the trip overseas. For more information on shipping a vehicle internationally you can check out the Federal Maritime Commission website for valuable information.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?