Being the capital as well as the largest city in the country of Suriname, Paramaribo has its location on the banks of the local Suriname River. You’d have to abide by all of the regulations and comply with all the rules if you want to successfully import your car to the country.
There is a lot of documentation and also quite a few taxes to be taken care of prior to shipping. The weather condition is generally something that you’d like to keep track of, especially if you plan to relocate to Paramaribo. It’s raining for the largest part of the year. The rains get so heavy that they are capable of washing away the roads, making it rather impossible to drive. This is why it is important to make sure that the vehicle is checked for fluids leakages.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
A1 Auto Transport is going to give you a thorough explanation about the required documentation and the paperwork that you’d need to fill out. You can even schedule a door-to-door service to ensure that the entire process does not bother you at all. Some of the essential documents that are required are:
- Driver’s License.
- Vehicle Title.
- Power of Attorney.
- Social Security Card.
- Insurance Policy.
The Suriname Customs Department is also going to require certain documents in order to grant you clearance for entering the country. It’s essential that you have everything they might want. Suriname doesn’t allow vehicles which are older than 5 years. At the same time, as an individual, you may apply for a specific exemption from this particular restriction through the Ministry of Trade and Labor. However, keep in mind that your exemption isn’t always going to be guaranteed. If your car costs at least $25,000 or more, you will be required to pay taxes and fees which are going to amount to at least 40% of the value of your car. You will also have to calculate CIF and annual taxes which are based on the output of the engine. You are also required to have a valid and actual International Driving License.
In order to get your customs clearance in Suriname, you’d have to get an entry document by providing the officials with the following:
- Proxy to ensure clearance is going to be required.
- Insurance valid in Suriname.
- Shipping Verification Paperwork.
- Driver’s License.
- Registrations depicting ownership for at least 6 months prior to the shipping.
- Appraisal stating the official value of the car or a bill of sale if the car is new.
You can always contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency as well as the Embassy of Suriname in Washington, DC if you need further need for information. The best way to get your car shipped is through the RO/RO shipping method. It’s also the least expensive and the fasts. However, if you want to ship personal belongings as well, you’d might want to go with Container Shipping. It’s more expensive but it’s also exclusive for you. You can, however, share the container with another person if you feel like cutting the costs in two. You can also check the website of the Federal Maritime Commission for other precious information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory