Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Pokigron
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
One of the cities in Suriname, Pokigron is situated close to the Brokopondo Reservoir. Irrespective of the reason to relocate to Suriname, it is best to have your personal vehicle with you.
Whether you are staying here for a few months or many years or are a returning citizen, it is essential that you have the freedom to go where you like without being dependent on public transportation.
When you are planning to import your vehicle to Pokigron, it is essential to discuss the details with an experienced auto shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport service. Apart from shipping your vehicle from U.S to Suriname, they offer pickup of the vehicle from your doorstep and deliver it to the nearest U.S port for shipping or you can benefit from the ‘terminal-to-door’ service. They will represent you under the authorization by at the Suriname Customs and get the vehicle delivery if you cannot be there.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
A1 Auto Transport service works to provide you with a customized shipping quote that covers all aspects of the import to Pokigron. We’ll explain all of the paperwork that is needed and the taxes and fees that have to be paid. This will give you a comprehensive outlook towards the impending shipment. And then there are documents to submit including:
- U.S issued driving license.
- Title deed of the vehicle.
- Suriname validated insurance policy.
- Power of Attorney (optional).
- Ocean Bill of Lading.
- Social Security Card.
- Original bill of sale if it is a new vehicle.
Motor regulations in Suriname.
As per the Suriname Customs Department there are plenty of regulations that govern your vehicle import. Some of these include:
- No vehicle over the age of 5 years can be imported
- For vintage or classic car import, get special permission from Ministry of Trade and Labor
- Need a current International driving license to ply on roads in Pokigron
Additionally, the import duty exemptions are only available to diplomats so you will need to get the taxes and import fees calculated. There is 40% tax on the evaluated value of the vehicle while the CIF depends upon the engine capacity. You will need to show the proof that you have owned the vehicle in USA for at least six months before importing it.
There are options of freight shipping that you might like to browse further before deciding upon the right method. If you are looking for the most cost effective way of shipping, select the Roll-on, Roll-off method but if you need to cart household and personal items with the car, pay more but get safer container shipping. To get further details or get clarifications on the vehicle import, contact A1 Auto Transport or the Suriname Consulate in USA.