- Car Shipping Lesotho
- Shipping A Car To Lesotho
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Lesotho
- Popular Destinations
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Lesotho
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Lesotho
- Assorted Overseas Transport Methods Offered Through A1
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Lesotho
Shipping A Car To Lesotho
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- To ship a car to Lesotho from the U.S. will generally cost from $3,600 to $7,000 or more, depending on the specifics, timeframe for delivery and type (or size) of car being shipped.
- There are not a lot of routes that regularly operate between the U.S. and Lesotho, which is partly why the cost is relatively high.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Lesotho
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Maseru||$275||$4,900||5+33|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Maseru||$350||$5,300||5+41|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Maseru||$400||$4,900||5+33|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Maseru||$475||$5,300||6+41|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Maseru||$550||$5,300||6+41|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Maseru||$575||$4,900||6+33|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Maseru||$700||$4,900||6+33|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Maseru||$775||$5,300||7+41|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Maseru||$800||$4,900||6+33|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Maseru||$1,025||$5,300||7+41|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Being a landlocked country, Lesotho shares its borders with Namibia and while it also shares some of its laws, generally the legal system of Lesotho differs from that of other South African countries. This is important to remember when you are trying to ship an automobile to this country. It is important to research all of the necessary steps that will need to be taken in order to transport an automobile from one country to Lesotho. Contacting the embassy is the first step and then finding a shipping company. There are many different companies offering overseas shipping to places like Lesotho. They vary in shipment methods and they vary in pricing.
So, it is the responsibility of the customer to choose which company they feel is right for them. These companies will help you prepare your automobile for shipment and help you find all the needed documents. They will transport your vehicle securely and offer various insurance policies to counteract any accidents.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Lesotho
- Import Permit
- Letter of Authority
- Motor Vehicle Registration
- Proof of Work/Schooling Abroad
- Purchase Invoice
- Bill of lading
- Value determination letter
In order to qualify for import authorization, an applicant must have owned the car for at least six months. During this time frame, they also must have resided in a foreign country for school, research, or employment purposes. There are other documents that you will have to procure and present along with these.
Before beginning to acquire these documents you should request the application form H462. Inquiries regarding this form should be sent directly to Directorate for Import and Export Control. There is an application for the letter of authority as well.
Once you have acquired all of the necessary documents as well as filled out all of the necessary paperwork the next matter is simply to find a company who offers international shipping on automobiles. There are many and while in the end, it is the customer’s decision, there are some things that set certain companies apart from one another. Use one that has been in the business for a while, is knowledgeable about the regulations of the country, and has a longstanding history of satisfied customers. Choose one that offers multiple options for shipping such as roll-on-roll-off and container shipping and related costs. These two methods are the most secure, they involve different regulations as far as what exactly can be shipped and they come at different prices.
As long as you have completed all of the necessary paperwork and provided all of the proofs, shipping a car to Lesotho is relatively easy. Just be sure to know exactly what goes on in the process so that you won’t be caught by surprise if something changes.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Lesotho
When your goal is to have heavy equipment or oversized cargo shipped outside of the U.S. and to Lesotho, you will want to hire a professional transport company for the delivery. A1 Auto Transport is one of the most reliable and longest standing shipping companies around. We have easy access to the highest quality shipping equipment, the latest in transport technology, and tons of help from our trained and experienced transport specialists. There is no doubt that we can safely ship your cargo regardless of what it is to Lesotho.
We hardly have any limitations placed on the types of cargo we can ship overseas and to give you somewhat of an idea, we’ve created a list of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we can help you deliver...
- RVs and Motorhomes
- Large Vehicles and Dump Trucks
- Haulers and More…
Assorted Overseas Transport Methods Offered through A1
Contingent on your shipping needs and the type of cargo you have, one or more of our transport methods may be eligible for you to purchase. Our transport specialists will help you with your selection when you call in to learn more and schedule your international delivery. Nonetheless, if you’re curious as to what choices you may have, here is a brief explanation of each of our services…
- Flat Rack- Your cargo is tightly secured to a flat rack or large metal frame which is then carefully lifted onto the ship for its transport.
- Container Shipping- This is an enclosed shipping method that provides your cargo with the ultimate safeguarding during its travels. Your cargo must fit into a 40ft shipping container even with some disassembly if you wish to use this transport method.
- RoRo Shipping- This open air transport service is only available to those with functioning vehicles and equipment since the cargo must drive onto and off of the ship using a ramp.
- LoLo Shipping- This open air method is suggested to customers with broken equipment or vehicles as well as those that crated their cargo. A crane operator will carefully lift the cargo onto and off of the boat.