Shipping A Car To Lesotho
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- To ship a car to Lesotho from the U.S. will generally cost from $3,600 to $7,000 or more, depending on the specifics, timeframe for delivery and type (or size) of car being shipped.
- There are not a lot of routes that regularly operate between the U.S. and Lesotho, which is partly why the cost is relatively high.
Being a landlocked country, Lesotho shares its borders with Namibia and while it also shares some of its laws, generally the legal system of Lesotho differs from that of other South African countries. This is important to remember when you are trying to ship an automobile to this country. It is important to research all of the necessary steps that will need to be taken in order to transport an automobile from one country to Lesotho. Contacting the embassy is the first step and then finding a shipping company. There are many different companies offering overseas shipping to places like Lesotho. They vary in shipment methods and they vary in pricing.
So, it is the responsibility of the customer to choose which company they feel is right for them. These companies will help you prepare your automobile for shipment and help you find all the needed documents. They will transport your vehicle securely and offer various insurance policies to counteract any accidents.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Lesotho
- Import Permit
- Letter of Authority
- Motor Vehicle Registration
- Proof of Work/Schooling Abroad
- Purchase Invoice
- Bill of lading
- Value determination letter
In order to qualify for import authorization, an applicant must have owned the car for at least six months. During this time frame, they also must have resided in a foreign country for school, research, or employment purposes. There are other documents that you will have to procure and present along with these.
Before beginning to acquire these documents you should request the application form H462. Inquiries regarding this form should be sent directly to Directorate for Import and Export Control. There is an application for the letter of authority as well.
Once you have acquired all of the necessary documents as well as filled out all of the necessary paperwork the next matter is simply to find a company who offers international shipping on automobiles. There are many and while in the end, it is the customer’s decision, there are some things that set certain companies apart from one another. Use one that has been in the business for a while, is knowledgeable about the regulations of the country, and has a longstanding history of satisfied customers. Choose one that offers multiple options for shipping such as roll-on-roll-off and container shipping and related costs. These two methods are the most secure, they involve different regulations as far as what exactly can be shipped and they come at different prices.
As long as you have completed all of the necessary paperwork and provided all of the proofs, shipping a car to Lesotho is relatively easy. Just be sure to know exactly what goes on in the process so that you won’t be caught by surprise if something changes.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?