Ship Car To Maseru
The capital of Lesotho, Maseru is the most populous and is the largest city in the country. Situated on the banks of the River Caledon, the city is the hub of commercial and economic activities in the country. Although it is an independent country, Lesotho shares quite a few of the laws with Namibia along with the border.
As Lesotho is landlocked, when you are shipping your personal vehicle to Maseru, ocean bound freight shipping can deliver it to the nearest port and after that it needs to be land transposed to the city. Additionally, you will need to work with an experienced international shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport Company that has considerable experience delivering vehicles to South African countries and is conversant with the real-time situations and laws.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
We’ll not only help you get the documentation completed but will help clear customs in USA and at the port of entry for delivery in Maseru. It is essential to insure your vehicle while shipping it and we have a plethora of options for you to select from. However among the documentation that is needed the most important ones are the Letter of Authority and the Import permit. These are two documents that you need when you have to specifically ship a car or vehicle to a country in South Africa. Additionally, you need to fulfill other conditions and documents to show including:
- have owned the car or vehicle for a minimum of six months.
- need to have stayed in a foreign country or USA in this case, for a minimum of six months.
- Submit passport of the owner.
- Title deed of the vehicle.
- Proof of stay abroad for study/work.
- Invoice/bill of vehicle purchase.
- Bill of entry.
- Name of the clearing agent or service.
- Vehicle engine number and Chassis number mentioned on the documents.
However, to start with, you need to get the application form H462 from the Directorate for Import and Export Control as this works as a letter of authority and import permit. It is important to work with our experienced team as we have shipped hundreds of vehicles to different South African countries and understand the custom regulations. The current Lesotho customs office is at Motsoene Road, and the levies imposed by the Lesotho Revenue Authority have to be paid at the time of entry of vehicle in the city. There are two main shipping methods used by ocean bound maritime vessels, including:
- RO/RO Service: This is more affordable and simple. The cars are driven onto the car decks and secured. At the port of delivery, they are driven off for custom clearance and later for land transportation to Maseru.
- Container shipping: This is a safer method of shipping. The car is harnessed and lashed down to ensure minimum movement during transit to Maseru. Additionally, household and personal goods can be loaded within the container for delivery.
To know more about the latest regulations on import of your vehicle to Maseru check with the Embassy of Lesotho.