Located about 76 km from Maseru, Mafeteng is a large city in Lesotho and is an important center of culture and trade. If you have a work permit a diplomat or returning citizen, chances are high that you might want to import your vehicle from USA.
However, it is important to consider that Lesotho is a landlocked country and thus, all sea faring freight ships anchor at Port of Walvis Bay, Namibia and then are driven across to Mafeteng. When you think about moving your car to an international location, it is better to discuss it with an experienced auto shipping service. This is essential because you are not conversant with the procedures and documentation that is needed.
A1 Auto Transport service has been transporting vehicles to countries in South Africa for years and understands the processes completely. We will help you prepare the vehicle for shipment apart from guiding you best on the documentation and other assistance that you might need. If you are looking to insure your vehicle before shipping it, we can help you with it. The two most important documents that you need to have before shipping a vehicle to Lesotho are Letter of Authority and Import Permit.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Process of Importing a Vehicle.
You will get the authorization to import a vehicle if you have been gainfully employed or studied in a foreign country and owned the vehicle for a minimum of 6 months. However, all of this needs to be substantiated with submitted documents which include:
- Original Vehicle Registration.
- Passport of owner.
- Proof of Work permit/student permit.
- Vehicle Purchase Invoice.
- Insurance of the vehicle.
To get the permit, you have to fill in the pertinent information in the application form H462. The import license will be provided by the Directorate for Import and Export Control. Not only can we walk you through the shipping procedures and offer ‘door to port’ services and assistance at the Namibian port and then land transportation to Mafeteng. It is best to choose one of the two shipping options that are roll-on-roll-off (RORO) and container shipping as per your budget. Your total cost of shipping will not only include this but consider the VAT, custom taxes and other levies. You can talk with one of A1 Auto Transport service representatives and get a custom quote.
With all documents in place and adherence to the regulations of Lesotho, you can enjoy driving your vehicle as soon as the custom clearances are given. To ensure you have not missed out anything important, you can get updated on the current requirements for auto import by contacting the Embassy of Lesotho.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?