Ship Your Car To Or From Karakol, Kyrgyzstan
Karakol is the 4th largest city in Kyrgyzstan and it is situated close to the eastern end of Lake Issyk-Kul in Kyrgyzstan. It is approximately 150 km from the border with China and about 380 km away from the capital city of Bishkek. You might have your own reasons to move to Karakol but you will need to ensure that you have a vehicle to commute in and around the city.
Now, if you want to get your vehicle imported to Karakol, there are quite a few different things that you have to take into account. Most of the roads are rather paved but many of them have a lot of dirt and gravel. You can drive with ease, but when it’s winter, you should be a lot more careful because of the snow. Ensure that you work with a reliable transport service provider like the A-1 Auto transport in order to ensure that everything is handled perfectly. The documents that you need to submit include:
- Social Security Card
- Driver’s license
- Title and registration of the car
- Signed power of attorney
- Insurance policy
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are a few other documents that you need to provide to the Kyrgyzstan Customs Authority specifically. These include:
- Pro-forma invoice
- Purchase invoice
- Copy of your passport and visa
- Employment letter
- Technical passport which includes the de-registration check
- Diplomat card (if applicable).
When you are importing your own personal vehicle into Karakol, there is a 3% entrance tax as well as a monthly tax of 0.15%. You have to have paid all of the taxes if you intend to sell it. However, if you need more information, feel free to contact the Kyrgyzstan Consulate in Washington, D.C. They will update you about the latest laws.
Before You Ship
Before you ship out the car, you might want to get a free quote by A-1 Auto Transport. This is going to allow you to know how much money you will have to spend for the entire thing. The agent that you work with is going to help you prepare the car for the shipping depending on the transportation method that you choose. Speaking of which, you have to choose between two methods:
- RORO Shipping – this is going to ensure that the car is driven to the freight carrier, secured in place and shipped off as it is. This is the most affordable sea-bound method and that’s why most people prefer it. However, there are some limitations that have to be considered including only shipping an empty vehicle.
- Container shipping – this is the better way to go if you are prepared to pay for it. You can store additional personal belongings with the car. You can pick a 20 feet or 40 feet container depending upon a number of goods you need to send along with your car. It will be safely protected within the container.