Shipping A Car To Kyrgyzstan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For most vehicles, it costs from $2,000 to $6,000 to have them shipped to Kyrgyzstan from the U.S.
- The total cost range can be pretty wide, mainly because it’s not just a long trip by boat, but there’s also a decent amount of overland transport required once the vehicle reaches a port in the region.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Kyrgyzstan
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Bishkek||$350||$6,800||5+40|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Bishkek||$400||$6,800||5+45|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Bishkek||$450||$6,800||5+40|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Bishkek||$475||$6,800||6+40|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Bishkek||$550||$6,800||6+40|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Bishkek||$575||$6,800||6+45|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Bishkek||$675||$6,800||6+45|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Bishkek||$700||$6,800||6+45|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Bishkek||$775||$6,800||7+40|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Bishkek||$1,075||$6,800||7+45|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When you need to have your own personal car in Kyrgyzstan with you the first thing you need to do is speak to a reputable auto transporter to find out what you will have to do in order to ship the car. There will be paperwork to fill out and documents that you will need to provide to both the transport company and to customs. Most of the roadways in Kyrgyzstan are paved, but many are gravel and even dirt lanes.
Driving is accessible throughout the year for most vehicles but drivers need to be careful in the winter when the roads may be covered with heavy snow and ice. When you need to get your car to you the quickest way to do so is to make sure you hire a transporter and have all of the necessary paperwork and documents to provide to begin the process.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Kyrgyzstan
- Driver’s License
- Social Security card
- Vehicle Title and Registration
- Signed affidavit of Power of Attorney if you will not be at the port of entry or exit in person
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- Passport & visa (copies okay)
- Bill of lading
- Proforma invoice
- Letter of employment
- Diplomatic card (diplomats only)
- Customs committee letter
Popular Shipping Destinations
Kyrgyzstan has requirements for Motor Vehicles coming through customs as well. To go through customs in Kyrgyzstan you will need to provide the following:
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Visa
- Original Bill of Sale
- Letter of Employment
- Letter to the Customs Committee stating why you need your car in the country
- Pro-forma Invoice
- Original Technical Passport with de-registration check
- If you are a Diplomat you will need to provide your Diplomat Card
When importing a personal vehicle into Kyrgyzstan you will also need to pay Customs taxes of 3% when entering as well as a .15% tax monthly. If you plan on selling your car while in the country you will need to make sure all customs payments have been made in full. You can import your car permanently into Kyrgyzstan but you will be required to pay all Customs taxes in full to do so. For more information on Customs regulations, you can check with the Kyrgyzstan Embassy located in Washington, DC. You may also contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency for information on paperwork and customs laws for United States citizens exporting their vehicle or other personal items to Kyrgyzstan.
Before your car leaves the port
Before your car is even loaded at the exit port, you need to make sure that the auto transporter has given you a total quote that includes the cost of shipping, transport to and from the port, cleaning and miscellaneous items that will be included in the total cost. Your agent will detail anything you will need to do personally to prepare your car for shipping, including cleaning, removing personal belongings and other details that may need to be taken care of. If you are missing any of the necessary paperwork or required documents the agent will let you know so you can retrieve them prior to shipping. If you won’t be able to drive the car to the exit port yourself you will need to make arrangements with the auto transport company to pick the car up and deliver it to the port for you. You can also arrange to have the car picked up and delivered when it reaches Kyrgyzstan if you will not be able to be present when it arrives.
There are three primary ways to ship a car to Kyrgyzstan from the United States. You will need to decide the way that works best for you. Since Kyrgyzstan is a landlocked country with no sea ports of its own, you will be able to ship into nearby ports and have the car transported over land to your location. These are the ways you can ship your car:
- Ro-Ro Shipping - Your car will be driven onto the carrier ship and secured in place with straps and braced for security. Once it reaches the exit port for Kyrgyzstan it can be driven off the ship and to your location over land. Ro-Ro Shipping is the least expensive way to transport a car internationally. You will not be able to transport any personal items when you use Ro-Ro Shipping.
- Container Shipping - Your car will be loaded into a container and then transported via sea to the port nearest Kyrgyzstan. Once it reaches the port you may either have it picked up and driven to your location or it can be transported via container on railways or truck over land. While shipping via container is more expensive than Ro-Ro Shipping, it also allows you to ship personal belongings along with your car.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Kyrgyzstan
The fastest, most assured way to ship heavy equipment or oversized cargo to another country is through a trustworthy and reputable international transport company. Fortunately, you don’t have to look any further. A1 Auto Transport has been shipping all kinds of cargo nationally and internationally for nearly 30 years. With our broad network and relationships in the industry, skilled transport technicians, access to the right shipping haulers and equipment, use of the latest shipping technologies, and an education in foreign import policies, we are certain we can ship your oversized cargo or heavy equipment to Kyrgyzstan.
To inform you better of the types of equipment and oversized cargo we can ship, here is a list of examples...
- Construction Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Large Trucks or Heavy Vehicles
- Engineering Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment and more…
No matter what type of heavy equipment or cargo you intend to ship to Kyrgyzstan, we will provide you with the state minimum insurance coverage. Since this coverage doesn’t usually cover the full value of your cargo, we offer additional insurance plans at low extra costs.
Select the Proper Overseas Shipping Method
As stated, there are many types of cargo we can ship so depending on what it is you are transporting outside of the U.S., there are a total of four overseas transport methods to choose from. When you call in to schedule your international shipping process, we will let you know of all your options. Here is a little information concerning each of our transport methods…
- RoRo Shipping- the least expensive of the open air shipping services. It requires your vehicle or equipment to roll on to and off of the ship using a ramp.
- LoLo Shipping- this open air service is recommended to anyone with inoperable vehicles or crated equipment such as an engine. A crane will carefully lift your cargo onto and off of the ship.
- Flat Rack Shipping- this open air shipping method fastens your cargo to a metal rack before being placed on the boat.
- Container Shipping- as the most expensive of the shipping options, it provides the most protection since it is an enclosed service. This is available to those with heavy cargo that can fit into a 40ft container.
Related Information & FAQs
- How to ship a car cautiously from the USA to Kygyzstan?
- How to ship a car from the USA to Kyrgyzstan affordably?
- The cost of RORO transport when shipping a car to Kyrgyzstan
- How do I choose a transport company to ship a car to Kyrgyzstan?
- Reasons to ship your car to Kyrgyzstan through professional transport services
- Ship your car to Kyrgyzstan through open air transport
- Why should I ship my car to Kyrgyzstan?