Ship Your Car To Or From Jalal-Abad, Kyrgyzstan
Jalal-Abad is considered the economic center of Jalal-Abad section in the southwest part of Kyrgyzstan. It is approximately thirty-four square miles and the population there is over 97,000. It is very close toward the Uzbekistan Border.
Learn more about shipping to Kyrgyzstan.
You want to enjoy the freedom of traveling wherever you want to go in Kyrgyzstan whenever you want to go. Relying on public transportation can have you running late or worse, you may not be able to understand the driver. The road ways in Kyrgyzstan is paved for the most part. Roads that are not paved will be graveled or dirt.
Before you can ship your vehicle, you will first need to gather up the necessary documents needed in order to verify your information and to avoid any delays. Importing can seem very difficult when you are faced with the paperwork and reviewing the rules and regulations. To avoid this hassle and the added stress of doing this alone, you should contact A-1 Auto Transport service. You will have support throughout your transport through a reputable company that has assisted countless others for over twenty years.
Paperwork is a lot when it comes to transporting however it is worth it when you consider the freedom of driving around in your own vehicle. Your A1 Auto Transport Service agent will be able to assist you with gathering up the necessary paperwork which includes the following:
- Driving license
- Social Security Number
- Title to your vehicle
- Registration card
- Power of Attorney document signed
- Proof of Insurance
Before your vehicle can clear U.S Customs or the Kyrgyzstan Customs Authority, you will need to present the following documents:
- Original bill of sale
- Copy of your visa
- Copy of your passport
- Letter of employment
- Pro-forma Invoice
- technical Passport
- De-registration check
- Diplomat card if you are a diplomat
If you want to import your vehicle to Kyrgyzstan, you can expect to pay between $2,000.00 and $6,000.00 depending on several factors. You will be responsible for paying any taxes and fees which include a 3% entrance tax fee as well as a 0.15% monthly tax. If you want to sell your vehicle while you are visiting in the country, you will need to have all taxes paid in full prior to the sale date.
Prior to Leaving the Port
Before your vehicle can be placed on the open freight ship, you will need to do a few things to ensure that your vehicle is prepared for shipment. Your shipping agent will provide you with a quote for shipment so you will know in advance how much you will need to complete your shipment. The factors that will be taken into consideration when quoting an estimate will include a method of shipping, door-to-door services, door-to-port services, make and model of your vehicle and more.
There are three shipping method options available for shipping a vehicle to Kyrgyzstan. This is a land-locked location so the nearest port will need to be your choice.
- Roll On/ Roll Off - This method of shipping is the most chosen because it is more cost effective. You will only be charged for the spot your vehicle takes inside the bay on the deck of the ship. It will be strapped down for safety during transport and driven onto the ship prior to leaving and then driven off when the new port is reached. You will need to do a few things to your vehicle prior to shipment as required by rules and regulations. Your shipping agent can go over these details with you before you get started.
- Container shipping - This option is more expensive and often less chosen. It is a good choice if you have an expensive luxury or classic vehicle or if you want to import all your household items with your vehicle all at once. In the long run, this will save you money. You can also share a container with someone to cut the cost out of your pocket directly.
- Air Shipping - This is the most expensive way to ship your vehicle and for that reason, most will elect one of the other choices. If you need your vehicle shipped quickly, this is the method to choose. You can ship your personal and household items along with your vehicle when you choose this method too.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.