The cost of shipping a car to another country is one that most people believe is too costly for their budget. This isn’t entirely true and in fact, shipping services are known for their cost efficiency and reasonable rates. The key is to find the right overseas transport company for the job.
To ship a car to the Netherlands, you must first look into the rates for shipping services offered by reputable transport companies in the area. Decide on a transporter and shipping services. Allow customer service to help you with any decision making. They will help you customize your shipping experience to fit your budget and your circumstances.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
About the Netherlands Import Duties and Taxes.
All non-EU (European Union) registered vehicles will need to be approved for an import permit if they wish to be shipped from the U.S. duty-free. You can apply for this permit through the Customs office. If the vehicle is not approved, it can still be imported but taxes and duties will apply.
Expect to Pay:
- VAT (Value Added Tax).
- BPM- green tax.
- Import Duties.
You can contact The Netherlands Embassy for the current import duty rates. They will also provide you with information in regards to the import policy’s regulations. You can then make sure your car meets the restrictions for import approval and begin collecting the pertinent documentation.
Cheapest Shipping Services.
Not that being cheap is wise, but when it comes to shipping services there are some great options that let you save a little. One of the shipping services used the most is the RO/RO method. This form of auto transport secures the vehicles on top of a freight ship for their journey. The vehicles are protected by use of the proper transport equipment and insurance coverage provided by the transport company.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?