Groningen is current the capital city and the main municipality of the Groningen province in the Netherlands. It’s an old city and used to be a regional power of northern Netherlands. It’s not a large city but it has an important role because it’s the main urban center of this part of the country. It’s a cultural, educational and business hub of this region.
Understanding the rules of importing a car can make this seemingly challenging task a lot easier. A foreign vehicle could be imported to Netherlands for three months after which it must obtain Dutch plates. The fees are going to vary based on different factors such as age, origin and overall condition of the car.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
If you’ve owned the car for more than six months and you’ve driven it for more than 6,000 km. you might qualify for a tax-free import. The documents for this kind of import can be obtained from the Netherland Consulate or the Customs Office for further information and to start the process. You must own the vehicle for at least a year after the tax-free import and if you sell or transfer title you’d be liable to pay the required import fees that were actually waived. Several taxes are levied on vehicle prior to issuing a numbers plate. These may include VAT, BPM or green tax and import duties.
All of the operating vehicles in the country have to be approved by the National Service for Road Traffic (RWD). Once you visit the center you’d have to present:
- The vehicle.
- ID proof.
- Registration Certificate of the Foreign Vehicle.
- EU Type Approval Certificate of Conformity.
Vehicles which are registered in another country of the EU or those who are included in your moving inventory would be approved for operation within the Netherlands
Once the RWD approves your vehicle you may register it. The process is going to be held in the BPM department which is located within the RWD offices. You have to provide the following:
- The Vehicle.
- BPM issued by the RWD.
- Origin proof.
- Certificate of Conformity.
Throughout this process the BPM amount would be calculated and you have to pay it. After this you have to submit the proof of this payment to the RWD and they will send your car for registration.
Number Plate and Insurance.
Once the car is properly registered you would be able to obtain a number plate through the RWD. At this time you should also get the insurance and you may choose to purchase more comprehensive insurance policy for the protection of your vehicle.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory