Importing a Vehicle to the French Island of Reunion
Shipping A Car To Reunion Island
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping a car to Reunion Island from the United States is generally between $3,200 and $6,500.
- Direct shipments can be more expensive during certain times of year since it is an island territory.
The island of Reunion is located in the Indian Ocean with over 800,000 residing individuals. Tourism is one of the country’s major forms of income. The country is a mountainous tourist attraction with beautiful waterfalls, many different species of birds, and being known for humpback whale migration in the coral reefs.
The country is well-established and has roadways that stretch clear across the island, avoiding the mountainous regions. Shipping a personal vehicle there for extended visits or for a permanent stay will make traveling the area much easier for any U.S. citizen.
Popular Shipping Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Methods of Car Shipment from the United States to Reunion
There are two main acts of vehicle shipment. These shipping methods include the RO/RO method and container method. Both are very practical and easy to understand.
Container shipping is the pricier option. It allows a person to not only ship their vehicle but to fill the vehicle and the container with personal belongings allowed by Reunion Customs. The container comes in two sizes and can be split with another individual if traveling abroad with others. The cost will be lessened if the container is shared.
RO/RO shipping is also known as the roll on, roll off method. This means the vehicle is driven onto and off of the ship. At the time of transporting, the vehicle must be empty with the exception of floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire.
General Export Information For Reunion Island
No matter where a vehicle is being shipped to, there are always requirements and specific forms of documentation that will be needed. To ship a vehicle to Reunion, there isn’t too much standing in a vehicle owner’s way. In fact, France is one of the most lenient continent vehicle shipping from the U.S.
Nearly any type of private vehicle is able to be shipped to the island. This even includes motor homes, motorcycles, and semi-trailers. Duties will be applied to all vehicles and differ, depending on the vehicle type. Contact the French Embassy for further information on tariffs.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Reunion Island
- Vehicle registration
- The vehicle must be registered in France within the first 4 months of the owner’s stay
- Commercial invoice, if applicable
- Customs entry certificate and invoice
- License of picture I.D.
- Proof of ownership
- Bill of lading
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?