A part of the French Overseas region, Saint- Denis is the administrative capital and one of the main cities on the Reunion Island. It is scenically located on the Rivière Saint-Denis. With verdant environs, sunny tropical weather and golden sand beaches, it is not only popular with tourists, but workers, students and diplomats alike.
With well–established roadways it is easy to drive around and having your own vehicle can be an added advantage.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Ways to ship your vehicle to Saint-Denis.
Like any vehicle import, there are paperwork to complete, budget the shipping and look at the other procedures. That is why it is important to work with an experienced shipping service. At A1 Auto Transport, we have been shipping vehicles to Reunion Island and other places all over the world for over 20 years. Thus, we understand the nuances of customs department in Reunion Island and work efficiently to ensure that your vehicle is delivered quickly.
If you are looking to get an idea about the total cost of shipping, it is better to decide and opt for one of the shipping methods, based on which the cost can be quoted. Amongst the different freight methods, RORO and Container shipping are the most favored and affordable ways to ship to Reunion Island. RORO or Roll-on/Roll-Off method is the cheapest way to ship and brings down the total cost of shipping as compared to Container shipping.
However, RORO shipping has limitations such as there can be no personal belongings within the car when it is shipped. You are required to clean the vehicle from inside, remove the air conditioning gas and keep only minimum gas in the tank. The vehicle is driven on the deck at the U.S port and driven off at Reunion Island. Conversely, in Container shipping, your vehicle is secured within a large 20 or 40 feet container and sealed. You are allowed to share the space and keep your household goods alongside. The added protection makes it more expensive method, but if you have an expensive vehicle or vintage cars to ship, this is better.
Essential Requirements for importing vehicle.
There are many requirements that have to be fulfilled when you are shipping a vehicle to Saint-Denis. From documents to submission of forms, you just need to ensure that everything is in order so that there are no delays in auto shipping and delivery. As French laws are applicable, shipping from USA is easy.
As per law, any type of personal vehicle can be shipped which includes semi-trailers, motor homes, SUVs, motorcycles. The import duty and other taxes differ as per the vehicle that is being evaluated for import. Some of the documents that are needed are:
- Within 4 months of import, vehicle has to be registered in France.
- Purchase invoice of vehicle.
- Listed details of the vehicle- VIN, engine/chassis number, model, make and year.
- Customs entry certificate and invoice.
- Clear title deed.
- Proof of ownership of vehicle- Passport/Driving License.
To know more about the import duties and relevant laws that are applicable, contact the French Embassy.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory