It’s important to note that Saint-Paul is currently the second biggest commune on the Reunion Island. It is located on the western part of the Island. Reunion Islands are governed as a part of the French
Overseas region and are well developed. With properly constructed roadways across the entire island, if you want to make your traveling a lot easier, you should consider shipping your own personal vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Ways to get your Car Shipped from USA.
There are two ways which the majority of people tend to prefer. This includes the RO/RO method as well as the container shipping. They are both very convenient. The container shipping costs you a bit more. This is due to the fact that you can put in personal items within the container, along with your car. The containers are available in two different sizes – of 20 feet and 40 feet, depending on your need. You can also share it with another person if you want to reduce the costs.
The RO/RO shipping, which is short for Roll-on/Roll-off requires the vehicle to be driven on the shipping deck where it is fastened. However, this means that your vehicle is going to be exposed to the elements. To ensure there is no damage and pilferage, you have to ship it empty and steam cleaned before it is shipped. You can only leave the spare tire, the car jack and the floor mats.
What you have to do to export a vehicle to the Island.
It doesn’t really matter what the destination point is, requirements and documentation are always needed for car shipping. In order to transport a car to saint-paul, we will take care of the procedures and as France and USA have favorable ties, shipping to Reunion Island is hassle-free.
You can ship almost every type of vehicles, including motor homes, semi-trailers and motorcycles. Of course, duties are applicable but they vary, depending on the type of the vehicle you intend importing. You can contact the Embassy of France for any further query.
As needed by the U.S Customs before the vehicle is shipped and the French Customs officials at Reunion Island, these are some of the documents that you need to submit:
- Registration of the vehicle.
- You would have to register it in France within the first 4 months.
- Invoice of purchase.
- Certificate from the entry customs.
- License and picture.
- Ownership proof.
It’s undoubted that when you are looking at the cost to transport your vehicle across the ocean depends upon a variety of factors. However, when shipping to Reunion Islands, container shipping seems to be preferred. This is because the ports for Ro/Ro shipping aren’t as much as needed. Thus, talk with the A1 Auto transport service and we’ll resolve the issues that you are facing.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?