A lot of people hesitate to ship their cars through professionals because they’re afraid of the costs. Luckily, auto transport services are cost effective and affordable even when you’re shipping overseas.
To find out the exact price for shipping a car to Costa Rica from the United States, you must provide the transport company with some information. The information you’ll give them must include details about the car as well as the preferred shipping services.
The entire process of shipping a vehicle to another country from the U.S. can cost anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. That doesn’t include the rates you’ll pay taxes and duties for importing a car into the country. If you wish to ship the car at the lowest possible cost, talk to the transporter’s customer service reps. They’ll customize your shipping experience to suit your budget. Open air services are often the cheapest transport method.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Costa Rica’s Auto Import Tax and Duty Rates.
The auto import laws of a country may change at any time. Call the Embassy of Costa Rica to find out all you need to know in regard to the import regulations. They will even tell you of the latest tax and import duty rates. These rates can change whenever, which is why shipping companies often recommend calling the embassy.
- Vehicles up to 6 years old- 30%
- Vehicles 7 years or older- 40-48% gradual tax rate.
- Hybrid and electric vehicles- 10%
Tax rate percentages are based off the CIF value and other details involving the vehicle being imported. There are other small fees and taxes aside from the rates listed above. The embassy and your transport professionals will explain the duties and taxes if you would like to learn more.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?